Which CD Has The Best Design?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Starting with R&H, when U2 started recording mainly for CD release, they've always made their discs nice and colorful. R&H isn't that colorful, just white on black, so I'm not including it here. Out of the last five discs(AB-HTDAAB), which do you think has the best design/looks the best? Below are images to refresh your memory on the offchance that you need it.

ab1gf.jpg
zooropa22fe.jpg

pop223ah.jpg
810cd.jpg

bombdisc9cv.jpg

it's a toss-up between AB and ATYCLB...i like the colorful, collage-like grafitti of AB but i also really like the blurry B&W of ATYCLB.

Achtung for me although ATYCLB comes very close. I absolutely love the liner notes for AB and the CD art is pretty much in the same vein.

I love the Achtung and Pop ones

but the best part is watching the HTDAAB cd spin in my cd player, it's hypnotic...

I guess anything but Zooropa's design which nobody seems to have mentioned. :lol:

But Zooropa's cover art is :drool:

Achtung Baby.

On a side note, Zooropa really hurts my eyes when it's in the CD case, hee. Clashes spectacularly with the inlay.

My favourite CD designs are Achtung Baby and Zooropa, but they are all pretty cool. By the way, do you have a picture of the R+H disc?, mine is not in colour but is just like the Boy, October, War etc discs.

Exit thru Wire said:
My favourite CD designs are Achtung Baby and Zooropa, but they are all pretty cool. By the way, do you have a picture of the R+H disc?, mine is not in colour but is just like the Boy, October, War etc discs.

This is a picture of the disc as I have it:
http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/view.shtml?images/alb007-26.jpg
(I only post the link as I believe U2Wanderer doesn't allow hotlinking).

If you want to see other versions of this album/artwork, here's the info page for Rattle And Hum:
http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/alb007.html

:)

Achtung Baby.

But I do like Pop too. I remember being rather surprised when I opened the CD for the first time and saw all those bright colors. Not at all what I had expected.

I don't really count ATYCLB, because it's just an enlargement of a small portion of the actual album cover. Great isolated image, but for originality I'm going to have to go with AB. Zooropa, POP, and HTDAAB are cool but all pretty basic. I could study that AB disc for a while...

Back
Top Bottom