which band member stands out most for you on HTDAAB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
my vote is for ADAM i think the bass lines for vertigo, city of blinding lights and a man and a women are simply brilliant. For me ADAM comes across as the one most in form here!

I have to agree. They talk about how this is Edge's album, and yes, his guitar is all over the place and great, but I think Adam drives this whole album.

Adam definitely. One of my first thoughts was, "boy, Adam had to do some work on this album!"

ADAM, A Man and a Woman is totally "made" by Adam. That bassline is great. COBL is also has some great bass too. I love it

A Man and A Woman sounds so fresh and new for U2.

No doubt, Adam is the stand out. As far as this being Edge's record, maybe that statement was made only after Full Metal Jacket/Native Son/Vertigo was finished, and not the whole album.

This might be the edges record not only because the guitar (haven't heard it yet). The man writes most of the melodies, and he has much to do with every note being played. But maybe you are right, whackjester. I'm just happy to see that Adam has such a big part in this. He's an amazing bassplayer, and deserves to be recognised.

Bono's the man! He was, is and always will be the man who drives every U2 album! Its his words and passion that drives every U2 album, concert, etc... I think Bono would've had a succesfully solo career if he had wanted to. I'm glad he didn't but just think if Bono and say rush got together, or especially Van Halen when they were loking for a lead singer. There are some pretty darn good musicians there that could backup Bono.

I think Bono would've had a succesfully solo career if he had wanted to."

I don't think any other band would be willing to put up with his extra-carricular activities......They need to be together to make their kind of music.

agreed with headache, that was my initial response when i heard the album, that all four had gelled perfectly and really were pretty much doing an excellent job.

i can say with certainty now that this is my favorite album after all the listens ive put into it, and then listening to my previous favorite in pop. do i expect people to agree with me? no. but i think that its my favorite album now, and partly because i think all four members really were at the top of their game on this one.

I would have to go with Edge and Adam on this record. They both really shine. Larry sounded great on the radio 1 performance. Listen to the banging on Miracle Drug.

Back
Top Bottom