which band do u think sound most like U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think U2 sounds most like U2 :wink: Though apparently to some people that's a bad thing :rolleyes: *grumbles to self* Complaining about a U2 album because it sounds "too much like U2," wtf...anyway...

Coldplay - British U2 fanboys :D I'd have to say the song that reminds me most of U2 is Moses... the guitar on that is very Edge.

The Killers - Midnight Show sounds like it came straight off of Boy. Some of their other songs have a sort of U2 vibe too. In general the singer's voice often reminds me of youthful, earnest Bono and the guitar has some Edge-y feel, i.e. Somebody Told Me (that helicopter effect used in the verses, like in New Year's Day...I can't nail how to do that.)

Ryan Adams - The whole album "Rock n Roll" is VERY U2. I remember one of our local radio stations played the song Photograph (or Burning Photographs or something like that. I know the song, just not the title :p ) and then played Pride right after, and I was like "whoa." Definately U2-influenced. Plus Bono and The Corrs did a cover of Where the Stars Go Blue, which means...something. I wish Bono and Adams would do a duet :drool: that would be amazing.

Bloc Party - I am in love with this band. I guess as a whole they're not very U2-y (I think they remind me of Interpol more than anything else) but certain songs have this atmosphere that make me think of dark U2 (Acrobat, Mercy). Others have the sort of gradual U2-like buildup to a joyous crescendo (WOWY, for example.) Songs like So Here We Are, Tulips, and Compliments remind me of U2...and man are they good.

That's all I can think of at the moment... I'm gonna have to look into some of the other bands mentioned, always on the lookout for the U2-soundalikes :wink:

Back
Top Bottom