Where's the damned new U2 album? Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To paraphrase Trains, Planes and Automobiles:
Steve Martin: I fucking want a fucking album right fucking now!
Bono: Oh booyyy.....
Steve Martin: Oh boy what?
Bono: Y'ER FUCKED!

I'm conducting a thought experiment (not unlike Schrödinger's cat).

I saw the title of this thread, and I intentionally avoided looking at seeing who started it.

I still haven't looked.

Based on the title, I'd guess:

1) A new member or;
2) A frustrated 16 year old.

Am I close?

I saw the title of this thread, and I intentionally avoided looking at seeing who started it.

I still haven't looked.

1) A new member or;

Am I close?

You ever smoked a pack of cigarettes during a thunderstorm in fuckin' Wrigley Field?

Didn't think so.

I still haven't looked.

1) A new member or;

Am I close?

No, you're not.

Why are you such a mean person?

I'm pretty confident that U2 state of mind,while making this new album ,was much more closer to where they were after Pop than after Rattle and Hum.

I'm pretty confident that U2 state of mind,while making this new album ,was much more closer to where they were after Pop than after Rattle and Hum.

And what makes you confident of that?

The more I think about the album, the more I think/fear it'll be rather similar to No Line.

And what makes you confident of that?

The more I think about the album, the more I think/fear it'll be rather similar to No Line.

Pop and NLOTH are similar debacles....commercially speaking.After Pop,they wanted to be back on the radio,so they made ATYCLB.Why should it be any different for the follow up of NLOTH?

Pop and NLOTH are similar debacles....commercially speaking.After Pop,they wanted to be back on the radio,so they made ATYCLB.Why should it be any different for the follow up of NLOTH?

can add Rattle & Hum to this analogy probably. and the aftermath produced Achtung Baby.

I think we'll get something that progresses off of NLOTH. They learned from the previous album and tried to a more complete sounding mix of songs... Almost a theme (with slight diversion in middle, but then I felt Pop did the same thing)

I could also see them going the route of Crazy tonight and produce a more pop, radio friendly (Lots of hits) type album. Become relevant that way. Tho not as likely as we!'ve gotten some basic details of the album being a bit different

I think we'll know more in 4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom