Where's the damned new U2 album? Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Operation Knife Crime.

thunderball_1.jpg

In the fathoms...Noel gets stabbed.

It would be fun if we had a place to talk about NSW's covert activities, with a funny alias so people who weren't in the know would be oblivious to what we were discussing.

Something like "SCUBAcock", for example.

/threadmovedtooutofcontrol

Dream out loud? So I can have plausible deniability? "I couched it as fiction, sir"

New Bono quote on U2.com:

"I am down in a big black hole with U2, as we are busy working on our next album. We don't know yet when it will come out. It could be finished within the next weeks, maybe at the end of the year. We are just lost in it, and we surely don't wanna wake up out of this until the dream is done."

I guess the question is, when was this interview done?

PS. Sorry to post something U2 related. :wink:

A poster at atu2.com says the interview was apparently done days before the birthday so i would not worry too much about the making of the new album

wouldn't really click the panic button with that quote. album is still on track to come out later this year.

The interview was done for German newspaper Die Welt and translated into German and later translated back into English. It was mostly about Mick Jagger's birthday, so I suppose it was done some days before his birthday, second half of July. It doesn't add any new info to everything we know already and Bono wouldn't let out any real news about the U2 album in an interview about Mick Jagger's wrinkles. So I guess everything is still possible. And "we are lost in it" is a lot better than "we got lost" or " we lost it".

The interview was done for German newspaper Die Welt and translated into German and later translated back into English. It was mostly about Mick Jagger's birthday, so I suppose it was done some days before his birthday, second half of July. It doesn't add any new info to everything we know already and Bono wouldn't let out any real news about the U2 album in an interview about Mick Jagger's wrinkles. So I guess everything is still possible. And "we are lost in it" is a lot better than "we got lost" or " we lost it".

Ummm... "we are lost in it" sounds like they're still recording in mid-July. It certainly doesn't sound like the album is finished and simply being mixed/mastered.

Ummm... "we are lost in it" sounds like they're still recording in mid-July. It certainly doesn't sound like the album is finished and simply being mixed/mastered.

Yep. If the interview was done in May, then no worries. But if Bono said this only a couple of weeks ago, then there's definitely cause for concern, especially because he said something similar when NLOTH was delayed.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned though is that he seemed like it wasn't his agenda to talk about the new album on this interview, so maybe he just said that to end any conversation about the album.

again, none of us really know when the interview took place, and given the secrecy and lack of any talk about the album all along, Bono's comments make perfect sense. why start the hype machine now by saying the album is done, being mixed, mastered and will be released this fall? they are clearly taking another route with their marketing this time around.

of course, if taken at absolute face value, it's not the best quote in the world, but big picture, it's just a throwaway quote in an interview regarding mick jagger.

"We're lost in it" is a Bono standard phrase. He'd say that regardless of the state the album is in. You people should know that instead of panicking about the album release date.

Bono, at this stage, would NEVER say anything definite about the album or the progress they're making or a possible release date. Except in an official statement. The whole band is very silent and secretive. All the interviews Bono has been giving recently were not about U2 or the new album and he obviously tried very hard to NOT give any detailed information about the album. He clearly wants to keep all the album promo stuff separated from these other issues. Remember when he did that RTE interview he was very keen on telling them to broadcast it earlier than the rest of the series because he didn't want the interview to get in the way of the promo interviews and performances for the new U2 album in fall.

Now back to non U2 related discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom