Where's the damned new U2 album? Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The different "flavor" is the taste of bullshit.

Of course it probably is, and hence his statements, such as:

"Certain dark corners of the internet allege"

"Keep in mind that this could all be bullshit"

"True? False? Total bullshit?"

"Some guy I've never heard of"

Don't find it funny, and a professional spreading bargain basement rumors from Interference trolls is pretty pathetic.

You may think it pathetic to give it any webspace whatsoever, I can see that, but I can't see how you find that he's giving the rumours credence or providing anything more than a really guarded heads up as to what the rumours are.

He's either what PopAcrobat says

You mean "a fucking troll who knows nothing and is deliberately regurgitating rumours trying to pass them off as his own insider information in order to drive SEO hits to his no-name blog"?

Yeah, right. Since there's zero evidence from the posts quoted or from any other of his countless posts about U2 over the years to support that, no.

or just really bad at being tongue-in-cheek or humorous or whatever he is trying to be.

"U2's worldwide fanbase, stuck without a new album for five years, is in overdrive. With something set to be released later this year, it's actually kinda fun to go through all the rumours and rogue stories. It's kinda like covering Apple.

ITEM 1: Rolling Stone reports on a totally unstantiated report out of Italy that claims the upcoming tour will consist of multiple shows (three is the magic number) in select cities with the playlist changing each night in the expectation that fans will buy tickets to all three gigs. The report also speculates on the form those three gigs might take.

MY ANALYSIS: I like the three-shows-in-each city concept. U2 can't go out on the road with something bigger and crazier than the 360 Tour, so they have to find a new approach. Short residencies might be the answer. This would also require far less travel (hence lower overhead) and be easier on the band members.

But as for devoting entire shows to old material, I don't see it. They've never been any kind of a nostalgia band.

ITEM 2: Some German guy I've never heard of posted here that the first single from the new album will be released August 19. (It's in German, but Google will translate it enough to get the gist.)

MY ANALYSIS: I have no clue about the veracity of this guy's "insider information," but if we look at U2's release history for the times they've had albums ready for release in the fourth quarter, he might be in the ballpark. Barely."

It's not necessarily humourous, but it certainly isn't trying to pass off anything as insider information.

Probably the latter. Have you heard him speak?

Exactly.

There is a disconnect here, and it's geographical.

I can't imagine any Canadian or at least Ontario-grown U2/music fan getting their panties in a bunch about Alan Cross' blog posts about U2.

Certainly not accusing him of being a troll trying to use fake U2 news to drive hits to his blog. Ridiculous allegation, really.

Dude, do you work for Allan Cross?

No. But I've long listened to his shows and have an affection for what he and a few of the other CFNY old heads did for my musical appreciation, growing up.

But in relation to what I just wrote...we're both Torontonians, and I know you know who he is and his history. So, do you think "he's who popacrobat says he is"?

You guys. This is tough to read. I'm still healing from Riley Cooper's racial slur. This is all just too much.

Wow, this is a rather intense read for a "newbie" to the Interference community. Many strong opinions.

I have Allan Cross's audio books "Guide To Alternative Rock" on my iPod and have found this series to be really interesting. From Velvet Underground to The Strokes, it was a well laid out account of the genre. His section covering U2 was accurate and insightful I thought.

With only speculation and rumour available now surrounding the new album, I am choosing to take it with a large grain of salt.

Thanks
Mount Temple

But in relation to what I just wrote...we're both Torontonians, and I know you know who he is and his history. So, do you think "he's who popacrobat says he is"?

No, I happen to like his work, and I also enjoyed listening to his shows growing up. That said, I don't pretend to know what he's thinking or what his motivations are nor do I get my panties in a wad every time someone badmouths him on the internet.

Enemies gather
reminding me of my charge:
TO PROTECT THIS HOUSE

As I look westward
I hear the click and the clack
I can breathe again

Sometimes I think of
Ben Linus, my spirit guide
I smile once more

We all bear something
and sometimes it's Alan Cross
I hope the pain stops

Some words to live by
don't try to advance to third
with none or two outs

I smell Grammy

There is no track, just as there is no new album news.

Yet we keep coming here. Yet we keep posting here. Are we all in a vicious cycle?

There is no track, just as there is no new album news.

Yet we keep coming here. Yet we keep posting here. Are we all in a vicious cycle?

Yet I just posted a clip of someone explaining the origin of the word Manhattan. Lets keep talking about irrelevant shit though. Click clack

Yet I just posted a clip of someone explaining the origin of the word Manhattan. Lets keep talking about irrelevant shit though. Click clack
I'm pretty sure someone explaining the origin of the word used in the name of some bullshit fake U2 album is not new album news.

By that logic, I'm going to start linking articles about Solar Flares in reference to U2's 2003 album.

Once upon a time
I found myself in Paris
I met someone bad

Know that feeling Bro. I know that feeling.

That word is pretty much, as you said, irrelevant shit. Because it has nothing to do with U2 save for a stupid rumour some random fan made up.

Click clack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom