Where's my Propaganda?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim

Refugee
Not being one to complain normally.... BUT

I am owed 2 copies of Propaganga from my last subscription...am I the only one? Do I get my money back?

I thought we were going to get 'one final edition' or some form of announcement about the future of the magazine, but I haven't heard anything.

A related concern is concert tickets.. not only do I miss out on the magazine but also lost out on priority ticket booking? (I know u2.com will do something but..). When I was at HQ earlier this year a fellow fan had a copy of Prop for Bono to sign and he seemed really pleased to see it and sad that it was going to go...

is there no going back U2?

Me an all, I dont know how many issues I was owed but I havent received any for ages. Your right about tickets as well I used to use Propaganda as well, so don't know what I will do now. Trust to luck I suppose.

I think it was the 'Steps' fanclub that ended up getting on 'Watchdog', a programme for unhappy consumers on the BBC..

We U2 fans are so patient ! :)

And Edge, if you are reading this, ShowSec at all of your Earl's Court concerts were taking back-handers in exchange for tickets into the heart area, at the expense of those who waited in the cue for hours on end. Not sure what you can do about that but it's pretty bad don't you think? I guess it's difficult to control :shrug:

I moved 3 months ago. I filled out a change of address form at the propaganda site and a week later received a thank you from Terri at propaganda. So, she is still working as far as I know. They still owe me for two.

I also moved (about a month and half ago) also sent in a change of address and also received a very prompt reply from Terri verifying my change.

They owe me one issue but I'm mostly bummed about the ticket pre-order.

Fanfire/Sony Signatures will be handling preorders this time around from stuff I've read here but that makes me nervous because ordering tix over the net is not as democratic a process as mailing them in. It's easy for online links/passwords to get leaked (or 'sold' on ebay), plus you're at the mercy of the speed of your internet connection.

Fingers crossed that this works out for all of the actual fans (vs. the ticket brokers who always seem to find a way in).

I came across an interesting post (from yesterday) on the atu2 forum.

Someone wrote an email to propaganda asking what the future held for paid up members.

Apparently Propaganda members will be receiving a letter "in the next couple of weeks".

I wonder:scratch:

One more thing to wait for.:huh:

I have a really stupid question that probably has an obvious answer: is Propaganda only available to addresses in the US and Canada? Everything on the site says "for subscribers in the US and Canada blah blah blah," so is there another site/address for overseas? I subscribed when I lived in the US, and I'm not sure how to change my address now (I don't even remember with which US I address I subscribed :reject: ). :huh:

ramblin rose said:
I came across an interesting post (from yesterday) on the atu2 forum.

Someone wrote an email to propaganda asking what the future held for paid up members.

Apparently Propaganda members will be receiving a letter "in the next couple of weeks".

I wonder:scratch:

One more thing to wait for.:huh:

Now that is interesting. This would go along with the ticket offer one last time for active members rumor. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but its probebly wishful thinking.

Nate Dogg, I bet what you said has probably been said at least a thousand times just today in PLEBA. My guess...pics will probably surface soon of an existing inflatable Bono, hopefully not being used :wink:

Last edited:
mofo82 said:
Nate Dogg, I bet what you said has probably been said at least a thousand times just today in PLEBA. My guess...pics will probably surface soon of an existing inflatable Bono, hopefully not being used :wink:

How do you use them :sexywink:

:hmm:

mofo82 said:
NOOOOOOO :no: all I know is that the inflatable Bono is gonna need patch repairs from the trauma it will recieve, if I'm correct about PLEBANs :p

:lmao:

FYI: You can get patch kits at any local Walmart.

I think I'll pass on the inflatable Bono if the letter they are sending says we'll get one more ticket sale.

ramblin rose said:
I also moved (about a month and half ago) also sent in a change of address and also received a very prompt reply from Terri verifying my change.

"Terri" sounds a lot like "Larry"... :hmm:

OH. MY. GOD.

I AM GOING TO SCREAM.

THIS WOULD BE MY WORST NIGHTMARE.

Here I have been frantically trying to find info on my membership status the past year, b/c I am not sure if I have expired or not, but I have a sneaky suspicion I have. I have tried to renew. Or find out.

No way to "renew" whatsover.

While people who are still "active members" who just happen to be due another issue will be able to pick up where they left off 3 yrs ago without their membership expiring. They'll be OK, while we who have been left in the lurch for 3 yrs won't have anything. Why didn;t everyone's memebership expire while there was nothing going on? Same timeframe? We should all be at equal status here, b/c it's been such a long time. I know I'm not alone.

I have talked about this so much in other amiling lists the past 4 months, mailed Terri several times, but got no answer. And the thought that thousands of people will be sending their forms in while I am left in the lurch is unable to bear.

PLEASE..I have/had? only one subscription...I know some people have several, under several diff names. Is there anybody who could spare just 1 ticket for Boston, I could send you the money? I'm in Albany, NY. Have no money stashed but for tix only, I'm not rich,, can't take time ff work to travel to a Boston box office, can't afford a brfoker and can't wait until day before ticket releases. I have nobody to stand in line for me, nobody to cover the net for me, nobody at all. I know someone who is promising me a NYC ticket, but that's not certain and it's Boston I really want.

PLEASE, all I want is one ticket for myself. That's all Ic an afford.

And I won't give up on this...

Last edited:
Relax.

We don't even know what the letter is going to say. For all we know it might be that active members will get a credit towards the Fanfire fanclub thing.

Don't start panicking for no reason.

ramblin rose said:
Relax.

We don't even know what the letter is going to say. For all we know it might be that active members will get a credit towards the Fanfire fanclub thing.

Don't start panicking for no reason.

Exactly!! The ticket thing is a rumor at this point. I would be surprised (but not shocked) if it was true.

It's 4 issues we were supposed to get, right? I think I only got 3....I'll have to look. I've been wondering what's going on with Propaganda.

They owe me a few issues as well. I emailed them ages ago and they said my subsciption had ran out previously. It certainly had NOT! I received 2 issues from the latest subsciption. They have lost my details. They are screwed up.

I had heard they were planning to do an online only subscription which would enable us to get tickets as we did through Prop. If it's gonna happen, I expect it to be announced soon after the release of the album / New look U2.com.

Thanks for the virtual hugs guys...but yes I AM hyperventilating..

Think about it...if all the letter said was, "We're glad you've been a memember, thank you for all yr great contributions to Prop" etc etc, why didn't they put that out 2 months ago, so it would arrive in our mailboxes well before the online thing was likely to happen? Having the letter arrive late in Nov, the same time it likey would have if it WAS a ticket order form, is suspicious.
Glad to know I'm not the only one with problems.

At least I have a good ear of someone who has promised me NYC tix. That's never sure though. I've done an online sale before, so I'm nervous.But it's Boston I REALLY want and without Prop I am screwed.

I know once I hear the album (no downloads for me!) I will from past experience be a nervous WRECK until conformation f tix if in my hand. esp if it's as good as all the listeners are saying....

*Sob* I need another hug guys..maybe we should form an online support group? A Propaganda Anonymous":)

I'm serious..if we have an album virginity group, maybe we can have a "Former Propagandans Support group"

Back
Top Bottom