Where would you like U2 to play

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGi

New Yorker
OK so I thought this would be an interesting topic to talk about. Now we all know that U2 will play large venues during the tour, but with that said if you could see them play at any venue where would it be? The venue could be large or small, near your house or somewhere across the world, during a club tour, etc... Where would it be?

I have been to some really great shows such as:
U2 - Slane 1, elevation in Vegas, etc.
Idlewild at the Mercury bar in NYC
DMB in Central Park
Run DMC on the campus of University of Maryland while I was a student.
Ben Harper and Jack Johnson at Bull Run Park not far away from me in Northern Virginia.

With all that said my favorite venue is the 9:30 club in Washington DC. The place is just a really great venue for a show and always has top notch acts.

If U2 ever did another club tour and played at the 9:30 club I would be beside myself. Its not a place like Red Rocks or the Gorge, but a great small place in Washington DC for music. Always a great line up. The 9:30 club holds around 1500 people, has an upstairs balcony that wraps around the entire floor. Not a bad seat in the house.

I have seen so many great bands play shows at the 9:30 club, but if I could ever see U2 play there.....wow....I can't even imagine how terrific that show would be for me. Without question it would top just about any other concert I could ever imagine going to on countless levels.

I would also have Idlewild open the show. Heck Idlewild should be opening for U2 on the upcoming tour in my opinion. I bet there are some others on the board who would agree with me...

Last edited:
I mentioned this in another thread but I'd like a show similar to what REM did a few years back (Monster era) at the 40watt here in Athens. A friend of mine managed to squeeze in there for the show and had the time of his life (I'm still mad he didn't call me).
Yeah, it'll never happen. I'm thinking it might be impossible to fit Bono alone on that stage...

Now, where I *do not want* them to play is the Georgia Dome. I've seen them there twice and the sound is not so good and it's just way too big.

I think I'm lucky in that I live in the Bay Area, CA so they usually either come to San Jose or Oakland and neither is that far from me.

Hmm how bout Pac Bell Park :hmm:

U2dork said:
I mentioned this in another thread but I'd like a show similar to what REM did a few years back (Monster era) at the 40watt here in Athens. A friend of mine managed to squeeze in there for the show and had the time of his life (I'm still mad he didn't call me).
Yeah, it'll never happen. I'm thinking it might be impossible to fit Bono alone on that stage...

Now, where I *do not want* them to play is the Georgia Dome. I've seen them there twice and the sound is not so good and it's just way too big.

I saw R.E.M at the 40Watt, now what I remember is a whole other story. :laugh:

I agree about the GA Dome. I saw ZooTV there and was not impressed with the sound and I had great seats.

subliminal message- Ronaldo's wedding
Lennox...not sure where
Grafton
realistically Brisbane and I'll be happy

I'm trying to think of a good place here in richmond for them to play, but there's not really a good place. Maybe that's why no big acts come here. That and we're sandwiched between DC and Norfolk so everyone skips right over richmond. so basically i'd just be thrilled if they play ed here in richmond.

DiGi said:
If U2 ever did another club tour and played at the 9:30 club I would be beside myself.
:drool: :combust: :faint: (I think this is the only time I've used these smiles, but they are very appropriate here.) U2 playing 930 would be...beyond...just...amazing... Definitely my venue vote....since I suppose my living room is slightly less realistic. ;)

In my backyard... :drool:

Seriously, in the Detroit area, I hope they play some place like the Palace of Auburn Hills over Ford Field or Comerica Park. :yes:

Or like LarryMullen's_POPAngel's said, the Fox Theatre! :love:

When I saw Bjork at Red Rocks last summer I couldn't help but wish I could see U2 there. Nice dream.

And of course they should rehearse for the tour here in Santa Fe because of the altitude. Hey, it works for olympic athletes. :D

erised said:
In my backyard... :drool:

Seriously, in the Detroit area, I hope they play some place like the Palace of Auburn Hills over Ford Field or Comerica Park. :yes:

Or like LarryMullen's_POPAngel's said, the Fox Theatre! :love:

I saw Aerosmith and Bruce last year at Comerica, and both shows were great, but I would never want to see U2 in that kind of venue. After Elevation, a huge spectacle would just seem so wrong. I had terrible seats in 92 at the Silverdome for Zoo Tv, and the sound was atrocious! :no:

Maybe when Edge pops in again, he can mention the Fox to the other guys... :sexywink:

Central%20Park%20from%20the%20air.jpg

How about a free outdoor concert at the Tower Records on Sunset here in LA? :wink:

ahh, up close seats at the Colesium or Staples Center wouldn't be bad either...

how about that liquor store roof on 3rd and Main...:D

My basement. We've got a drumkit, guitars, (a crappy) bass, mics... all waiting there just for U2! :D

Or, y'know, if for some reason they can't make it to my house (it's a pretty bitchin venue though, how could they not?) anywhere in Indianapolis would be good. Like my school :laugh: oh boy them poor BRHS kids wouldn't know what the hell was goin' on.

I would love them to come back to Hampton Coliseum where I saw UF, JT and ZOOTV. Then I would not have to travel out of town. Of course I will anyway if I have to. I don't guess they'll come back to Hampton again, nobody hardly does now :sigh:

Here's U2's Australian tour schedule, remixed by me;

13 January 2005 - Lang Park, Brisbane (I refuse to call it Suncorp Stadium because that's a STUPID name).
15 January 2005 - The 'Gabba, Brisbane.
17 January 2005 - My backyard on my eighteenth birthday. I insist that the band play Out Of Control multiple times. Especially when I cut the cake.
18 January 2005 - Carrara Stadium, Gold Coast.
20 January 2005 - [My school's name] Hall, just so that I can get a soundboard recording off my friend who does the sound and lighting there.

There's plenty of smart-ass answers I can think of to this question (my sleeping chamber; my living room; the end of my block :tongue: ) but the honest truth is an answer I've had for years.

I would loooooooooooovvvvve to see them in a club setting in Dublin. I don't which one, 'cuz I'm not that up to date on clubs in Ireland, but that would just be the best for me!
Not likely to ever happen, but a girl can dream can't she????

I saw them at Notre Dame University in their basketball arena -- very small, 10,000 people or so -- it was magic! So, if they could come to Purdue in our arena, I'd be everso grateful. :wink:

They did a great performance here in Edmonton, Canada at Commonwealth Stadium. I hope they don't go to Calgary instead. I missed them last time.

Back
Top Bottom