Where would you like U2 to play

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Where would you like U2 to play

smooshcat said:

That'd be cool. no, that'd be absolutely amazing. (Going to see Idlewild next Fri in Falkirk town hall:hyper:) Although Snow Patrol would be good too.

Oh I wish I was seeing Idlewild next week. I hope they play alot new stuff for you. Let some of us in Bang and Clatter know how that show is...

I would be happy if they would come to Helsinki, Finland.
I guess the last time they were here in 1997. PopMart tour (or what was it called?).
For some reason some artists "stop" to Sweden never reaching Finland. So close but still faraway.

Sicy said:
I think I'm lucky in that I live in the Bay Area, CA so they usually either come to San Jose or Oakland and neither is that far from me.

Hmm how bout Pac Bell Park :hmm:

pac bell...actually now sbc park....that would be cool if they played there....but the oakland arena rocks. great sound.

mkdominatr said:
MY BACK YARD:wink:

If had backyard, I would say that too. But they could play on my balcony. Granted, the space is a bit limited but I think we could work something out.:hmm:

I would love it if they played at the Arco Arena in Sac if they play arenas. Its pretty close to where I live, only about a 45 min drive or so.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Central%20Park%20from%20the%20air.jpg

i always listed this as my ultimate u2 concert because of the aura and beauty that would be an outdoor concert with U2 and the new york city skyline in the background...

well...

u2brooklyn.jpg

mission accomplished...

it ain't central park, but the whole idea is still the same... u2 outdoors with the new york skyline in the background... this is actually even more beautiful than the view from central park would have been. my dream hath come true, and i was there in the flesh to witness it. :drool::combust:

erised said:

Seriously, in the Detroit area, I hope they play some place like the Palace of Auburn Hills over Ford Field or Comerica Park. :yes:

Or like LarryMullen's_POPAngel's said, the Fox Theatre! :love:

I'm mentally prepared to deal with the Palace again, but the sound is just so-so. It was slightly better for the "intimate" David Bowie show this year, but I just wasn't at all impressed with the sound.

I *really* would like them to play the State Theatre in Detroit - same sound as the Fox (good for all the concerts I've seen there, but I've been plastered at the front for them all - near the bar area, the sound is apparently not as good) with the added benefit of no seats.

I would even lovelovelove to be plastered up front at the Majestic, but only if the temperature is between 45 and 60 degrees outside so I don't freeze or burn up.

And it must be on a Saturday evening when my IL's have no plans so they can babysit.

(I really don't ask for much :lol: )

kitten84 said:
I would be happy if they would come to Helsinki, Finland.
I guess the last time they were here in 1997. PopMart tour (or what was it called?).
For some reason some artists "stop" to Sweden never reaching Finland. So close but still faraway.

Amen! :D It's annoying really. It's always Norway - Sweden - Germany... ;)
Besides, the popmart concert in Helsinki was apparently a great one. :lol:
Oh well, I'll just get myself to Stockholm in case it doesn't happen...

Any where in Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia & Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even thou that my wish will never come true, the hope dies the last

uhoh...I always ramble when I talk about this

U2 should play in Ireland more. Like, this is where they came from and they were only going to play Slane once. That is pretty lousy imo.

My Uncle (another massive U2 fan): America is where they make all their money, that's why they'd play more there, they're greedy. Gobsheens.

And I think he might be right
:slant:

Worcester Centrum in Worcester, MA!
They played there a few times in the early 80s, before I was born.

Or even better, on Fitton Field (cap. 27,000) on the Holy Cross campus.

Even better: Fenway Park

Ifeelnumb84 said:
Worcester Centrum in Worcester, MA!
They played there a few times in the early 80s, before I was born.

Or even better, on Fitton Field (cap. 27,000) on the Holy Cross campus.

Even better: Fenway Park

I think you may get your wish with Fenway. I heard rumors that they make it there next fall. The Centrum would be great because its a lot smaller than the Fleet Center..but then fewer tickets. :( Hmmmm...lets go even smaller. Avalon in Boston..general admission!! Yeah!

Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI
I will let Willie's Diary speak for me:
............The Bradley Arena is famed throughout the touring industry for having fabulous local catering. They really do it well and pulled out all the stops today-a sushi chef, a noodle bar, roasts, salads for days and deserts to make a grown man cry. Needless to say the lads were extremely happy and weighed in without hesitation. This produced the startling side-effect of putting everyone to sleep about an hour later, so you could wander backstage past piles of flight cases draped with dormant roadies. It did rather remind me of the sealions at Pier 39 in San Francisco, but I thought it probably best not to mention this at the time
Come on back for seconds:yes:

The band should simply play EVERYWHERE--a perpetual touring juggernaut, they'd be! They could just start touring after this album comes out and keep releasing an EP or two a year until they're too old to keep it real. While such a scenario is obviously impossible, it'd sure float my boat....they nearly did it with Zoo TV, and I'd love to see 'em do it again without EVER stopping.

The Paramount Theatre in Oakland, CA.

It's a gorgeous Art Deco theater. I saw Charles Brown, Bonnie Raitt and John Lee Hooker all perform there. The acoustics are awesome and it's very intimate.

Back
Top Bottom