Where were you when?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whimsical Dancer

Babyface
The first time I heard U2 sing "With or Without You" I remember distinctly getting ready for a date. I was a wreck because I had wanted to date this guy forever and never thought he would ask me out. When he finally did ask I was so excited?

I always have music playing in the background during my home time. "With or Without You" Started to play like any other song. At first I just ignored it then I drifted to the radio and turned up the music the rhythm was something I found myself dancing to the music. I was picking up the words easily and found myself forgetting about my date and becoming desperate to find out who was singing this awesome song. I found out that it was U2.

Needless to say I was late for my date. My guy was bombarded with this babbling about U2 all evening. While we were dancing the D.J played "With or Without You" again. My night was complete.

Three weeks later he brought me the cassette tape of The Joshua Tree.

------------------
"If you want to kiss the sky better learn how to kneel" - Mysterious Ways

I have no idea where I was the first time you heard With or Without You

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I was in my first flat with my girlfriend when it came on Top of the pops she piped up Aww whats he done to his hair, I think she liked bonos mullet
wink.gif

I remember thinking what a cool song, and it still is!

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

I was in LA, CA listening to the latest, greatest by U2...this is "With or Without You"..by the end I too, was dancing! And singing,"OhHHH"..right along with Bono! Awesome song, still love it today!

Originally posted by Ace Rimmer:
I was in my first flat with my girlfriend when it came on Top of the pops she piped up Aww whats he done to his hair, I think she liked bonos mullet
wink.gif

LOL me too, I had liked the mullet! I saw it on MTV, and loved it from the first notes.

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

wink.gif

I remember its world premiere on MTV. I'm bad as your girlfriend,that's the first thing I was looking for too. I love guys with long hair and I was always afraid he'd cut his hair, so when it came on and all I saw was the slicked back flat stuff I thought, "oh, no, he did!" My husband, (who has long hair(then and now) and thinks guys with short hair are geeks) must've thought that too because though I didn't say a word he said "Look he cut off all his hair now he looks like a f-ing old man." Then came the glorious moment when he turned sideways and I saw the ponytail! "No he didn't! Look it's just in a ponytail!" I said, and my husband goes, "Where?" and I pointed and he goes,"oh,okay,he's cool" and my heart was thumping with delight! I loved the song very much, and bought JT on vinyl soon after. I feel very blessed to have been able to love and enjoy U2 during the golden age of MTV.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

i was banging my head against the wall because i thought it was such an awful song.

no no, i was like ummm four and i was probably in my mom's car listening to the radio, and thought it was cool since it hadn't already been played fifty billion times.

wink.gif

Your name puts a distrubing thought into my head.

CK

Back
Top Bottom