Where were you at Slane? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2001, 02:39 AM   #31
War Child

Local Time: 02:30 PM
*Ally* - Were you on the rail slightly to the right of the tip - can remember seeing two american girls there

Was at the tip for the first show - and on the front rail for the second. Fecking cold camping out all night but worth it!

Old 11-13-2001, 02:43 AM   #32
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonoforever:
*Ally* - Were you on the rail slightly to the right of the tip - can remember seeing two american girls there

Was at the tip for the first show - and on the front rail for the second. Fecking cold camping out all night but worth it!

YES, that was me and my friend!! what's your name? we probably met- i camped out, too. it WAS freezing, and there were lots of drunk people running around... LOL! my name's alice, by the way. i was there with khelia.

Old 11-13-2001, 02:48 AM   #33
Refugee

Local Time: 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by cass:
Did you notice the way the sky went pink in the evening? That was me.
You mean this? Well thanks for that then!

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com
Old 11-13-2001, 02:59 AM   #34
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by *Ally*:
YES, that was me and my friend!! what's your name? we probably met- i camped out, too. it WAS freezing, and there were lots of drunk people running around... LOL! my name's alice, by the way. i was there with khelia.

Thats so cool! Didn't camp for the first show - saw you talking to Jaan though

Though had an amusing time camping for the second show (also freezing - with the drunks running round and actually setting fire to things ) Met Ruth there and she told us about Bono & Khelia - and showed us the 'elevated' pics.

Are you going to try and catch the European leg next summer?

Old 11-13-2001, 03:38 AM   #35
AM
Refugee

Local Time: 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zooropamanda:
*Bono sees Rosa*
*Bono goes in for the kill*
*Bono_brat pushes Rosa flying*
*Bono is scared and tries to escape but Bono_brat grabs onto his hand before poor Bono can get away*
*Bono decides to cancel all tours to Australia*

Zoomer, u telling me that navy blue dot was you?
I thought you were the lout carrying the giant blow up penis
no,no, that was us

so now, were is my dot. I demand a dot. NOW!!!

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01
Old 11-13-2001, 03:45 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:30 AM
btw, muggie babe, i was KIDDING

AM... whiteflag and your mates were the dots in front of me in the queue whose attention i was trying to get for ages whilst dodging orange peels...

So, bono_boy does this mean youre admitting its all your fault U2 arent coming?!?!?

ZooNazi<-- No twisties for YOU!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2001, 04:48 AM   #37
War Child

Local Time: 01:30 AM
Quote:
Zoomer, u telling me that navy blue dot was you?
I thought you were the lout carrying the giant blow up penis
Admit manda, you brought in the penis, you can't pass your sordid fetishes off onto other unfortuante souls

I was the one who tended to be at the bottom of those human pyramids, just after they had crashed

Old 11-13-2001, 05:03 AM   #38
AM
Refugee

Quote:

AM... whiteflag and your mates were the dots in front of me in the queue whose attention i was trying to get for ages whilst dodging orange peels...
I saw you in line. I saw you in the crowd. I never really got rid of you

Australians

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01
Old 11-13-2001, 06:04 AM   #39
Thom's Bitch

Quote:

So, bono_boy does this mean youre admitting its all your fault U2 arent coming?!?!?

ZooNazi<-- No twisties for YOU!!!!!!
Yes it might have been me all along?? On the other hand, he was after my little friend Rosa from Brazil and I dont see him heading down there in a hurry either. So there!!

So you hold me entirely responsible hey?? Maybe I shoud bring me own Twisties then

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."
Old 11-13-2001, 07:30 AM   #40
War Child

Hey Bono man!

Earlier I asked how you were back in the States.... well, I was just reading through this post here and discovered that you are not from the States but rather from Australia instead! A big OOOPS! lol!

so Im asking now hows it hanging over in australia?

Im keeping well thanks but still praying that U2 would go over to the land of Oz (y'all deserve it) and back to Europe if possible...... I heard rumours that U2 may play Hyde Park here in London next summer.....

Hey btw was your trip to Ireland your first? If so what was your impression of the place? I still love going to Dublin, but now I hope to have more time to visit Galway and Cork next time.....to sample some more real good old Guinness I suppose!

dougal
Old 11-13-2001, 07:40 AM   #41
Thom's Bitch

Hey Dougal...Ireland was amazing, I almost moved there actually but realised it was for the wrong reasons. Plus, I needed to get bakc home and keep a closer eye on Zooropamanda...she will ruin our chances of seeing the band if im not here to keep watch over proceedings

I did see that US mistake before but I chose it ignore such an insult hehe...

------------------
Old 11-13-2001, 10:56 AM   #42
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by *Ally*:
i'm sorry to hear about your loss. i know, very surprising that bono went on with the show... but i think he's said that touring has helped him deal with his dad's death. regardless, it was a fantastic show.

when you say he "did the hand thing" to you at London 3, do you mean he bit it?? LOL! it's so cool when he does that... he's an interesting character, that's for sure! very cool experience, i must say! where were you standing? khelia, ruth and i were towards the front of the heart that night.

wow, working at the clarence would be awesome. a friend of ours was staying there for slane, so we got to hang out in the lounge and see her room. it's a very nice place! we went to the kitchen our last night in dublin, and got very very drunk and danced like fools. it was a blast!

i definitely hope to run into you next summer- let's keep our fingers croseed that these europe rumors are true!!

I hope they're true as I have total withdrawl! At London 3 I was at the tip - when he bit my hand I was speechless for the first time in my life!

Got pretty trashed at the Kitchen too but despite walking past it as much as possible didn't get to the Clarence - must be so cool to stay there, especially as they had the aftershow thing there. Did your friend manage to sneak into it?

Anyway - see you next summer.... I hope!

Old 11-13-2001, 03:27 PM   #43
War Child

Quote:
btw, muggie babe, i was KIDDING
As was I...though you're description of those sitting around me was quite accurate. At times I was the only one standing.

Old 11-14-2001, 02:20 AM   #44
Thom's Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonoforever:

Got pretty trashed at the Kitchen too but despite walking past it as much as possible didn't get to the Clarence - must be so cool to stay there, especially as they had the aftershow thing there. Did your friend manage to sneak into it?

Desert Rose, Angel and myself were in The Clarence the night of the aftershow party for Slane 2. We had a drink and decided to wait outside for the guys...this is where Angel verbally assaulted me

------------------
Old 11-14-2001, 03:58 AM   #45
AM
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by dougal55:
Hey btw was your trip to Ireland your first? If so what was your impression of the place? I still love going to Dublin, but now I hope to have more time to visit Galway and Cork next time.....to sample some more real good old Guinness I suppose!

dougal
hey dougal, how are you doing? never got to meet you in Slane

hey, definately check out Galway. That place is amazing. A bit wet, but cool

------------------