Where were you at Slane?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*Ally* - Were you on the rail slightly to the right of the tip - can remember seeing two american girls there
smile.gif

Was at the tip for the first show - and on the front rail for the second. Fecking cold camping out all night but worth it!

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
*Ally* - Were you on the rail slightly to the right of the tip - can remember seeing two american girls there
smile.gif

Was at the tip for the first show - and on the front rail for the second. Fecking cold camping out all night but worth it!

YES, that was me and my friend!! what's your name? we probably met- i camped out, too. it WAS freezing, and there were lots of drunk people running around... LOL! my name's alice, by the way. i was there with khelia.
smile.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:
YES, that was me and my friend!! what's your name? we probably met- i camped out, too. it WAS freezing, and there were lots of drunk people running around... LOL! my name's alice, by the way. i was there with khelia.
smile.gif

Thats so cool! Didn't camp for the first show - saw you talking to Jaan though
smile.gif

Though had an amusing time camping for the second show (also freezing - with the drunks running round and actually setting fire to things
eek.gif
) Met Ruth there and she told us about Bono & Khelia - and showed us the 'elevated' pics.

Are you going to try and catch the European leg next summer?

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
*Bono sees Rosa*
*Bono goes in for the kill*
*Bono_brat pushes Rosa flying*
*Bono is scared and tries to escape but Bono_brat grabs onto his hand before poor Bono can get away*
*Bono decides to cancel all tours to Australia*

Zoomer, u telling me that navy blue dot was you?
I thought you were the lout carrying the giant blow up penis
eek.gif

no,no, that was us
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

so now, were is my dot. I demand a dot. NOW!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

btw, muggie babe, i was KIDDING

AM... whiteflag and your mates were the dots in front of me in the queue whose attention i was trying to get for ages whilst dodging orange peels...

So, bono_boy does this mean youre admitting its all your fault U2 arent coming?!?!?

ZooNazi<-- No twisties for YOU!!!!!!

Zoomer, u telling me that navy blue dot was you?
I thought you were the lout carrying the giant blow up penis
eek.gif

Admit manda, you brought in the penis, you can't pass your sordid fetishes off onto other unfortuante souls
wink.gif

I was the one who tended to be at the bottom of those human pyramids, just after they had crashed
frown.gif

AM... whiteflag and your mates were the dots in front of me in the queue whose attention i was trying to get for ages whilst dodging orange peels...

I saw you in line. I saw you in the crowd. I never really got rid of you
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Australians
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

So, bono_boy does this mean youre admitting its all your fault U2 arent coming?!?!?

ZooNazi<-- No twisties for YOU!!!!!!

Yes it might have been me all along?? On the other hand, he was after my little friend Rosa from Brazil and I dont see him heading down there in a hurry either. So there!!

So you hold me entirely responsible hey?? Maybe I shoud bring me own Twisties then
frown.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Hey Bono man!

Earlier I asked how you were back in the States.... well, I was just reading through this post here and discovered that you are not from the States but rather from Australia instead! A big OOOPS!
biggrin.gif
lol!

so Im asking now hows it hanging over in australia?

Im keeping well thanks but still praying that U2 would go over to the land of Oz (y'all deserve it) and back to Europe if possible...... I heard rumours that U2 may play Hyde Park here in London next summer.....

Hey btw was your trip to Ireland your first? If so what was your impression of the place? I still love going to Dublin, but now I hope to have more time to visit Galway and Cork next time.....to sample some more real good old Guinness I suppose!
biggrin.gif

dougal

Hey Dougal...Ireland was amazing, I almost moved there actually but realised it was for the wrong reasons. Plus, I needed to get bakc home and keep a closer eye on Zooropamanda...she will ruin our chances of seeing the band if im not here to keep watch over proceedings
wink.gif

I did see that US mistake before but I chose it ignore such an insult
wink.gif
hehe...

------------------

i'm sorry to hear about your loss.
frown.gif
i know, very surprising that bono went on with the show... but i think he's said that touring has helped him deal with his dad's death. regardless, it was a fantastic show.

when you say he "did the hand thing" to you at London 3, do you mean he bit it?? LOL! it's so cool when he does that... he's an interesting character, that's for sure! very cool experience, i must say! where were you standing? khelia, ruth and i were towards the front of the heart that night.

wow, working at the clarence would be awesome. a friend of ours was staying there for slane, so we got to hang out in the lounge and see her room. it's a very nice place! we went to the kitchen our last night in dublin, and got very very drunk and danced like fools. it was a blast!
smile.gif

i definitely hope to run into you next summer- let's keep our fingers croseed that these europe rumors are true!!

smile.gif

I hope they're true as I have total withdrawl! At London 3 I was at the tip - when he bit my hand I was speechless for the first time in my life!
smile.gif

Got pretty trashed at the Kitchen too but despite walking past it as much as possible didn't get to the Clarence - must be so cool to stay there, especially as they had the aftershow thing there. Did your friend manage to sneak into it?

Anyway - see you next summer.... I hope!
smile.gif

btw, muggie babe, i was KIDDING

As was I...though you're description of those sitting around me was quite accurate. At times I was the only one standing.

Originally posted by Bonoforever:

Got pretty trashed at the Kitchen too but despite walking past it as much as possible didn't get to the Clarence - must be so cool to stay there, especially as they had the aftershow thing there. Did your friend manage to sneak into it?

Desert Rose, Angel and myself were in The Clarence the night of the aftershow party for Slane 2. We had a drink and decided to wait outside for the guys...this is where Angel verbally assaulted me
wink.gif

------------------

Originally posted by dougal55:
Hey btw was your trip to Ireland your first? If so what was your impression of the place? I still love going to Dublin, but now I hope to have more time to visit Galway and Cork next time.....to sample some more real good old Guinness I suppose!
biggrin.gif

dougal

hey dougal, how are you doing? never got to meet you in Slane
frown.gif

hey, definately check out Galway. That place is amazing. A bit wet, but cool
smile.gif

------------------

Yo AM!

Im fine thanks.....

Yeah never got to meet you in Slane....
frown.gif
but I read that you went to Turks Head the night before the gig. I went to The Palace Bar where I met Bono_man, Desert Rose amongst others. It was great!

Still, there's always the chance that I would come over to Iceland or for you to visit one of the best cities in the world, London to finally meet up with each other! Maybe share a pint or two if that happens? *wink wink*
biggrin.gif

Hmmm, do you believe that U2 will come back to Europe next year? I, for one, hope so cos Id love to see them again somewhere in Europe outside the UK. I have seen them in UK/Ireland enough times now (only have seen U2 live outside UK/Ireland once in Dortmund on ZooTV tour). I will also pray that U2 would finally come and play in Iceland! That'd be SO SO cool if that happens!

Anyway hope we'll hear more about it before end of this year or early spring.

See ya around, AM!

dougal x

Hehe, yeay, Slaaaaaaaaaaane!

I think I was around the purple/navy dot, basically just outside the barrier of the 2nd pit, squashed, beside the big load of puke, between the reaally pissed BO guy and the not so pissed british woman, standing on 2 of my friends. Great wasn't it?
biggrin.gif

And Bono-man, did you actually get hit by anything? Cause there was alot of angry people around me throwing many nasty little objects at you people smirking out at us!
tongue.gif

Very near the red zone. First row outside the heart less than a metre away from Bono for over half the concert
smile.gif
I've got the bootleg CD but does anyone know where I can get the video.

smile.gif

I was round there too and camped outside the gate all nite. I might have seen you

Originally posted by UV2001:
Very near the red zone. First row outside the heart less than a metre away from Bono for over half the concert
smile.gif
I've got the bootleg CD but does anyone know where I can get the video.

The only place I've seen with it was Rhythm Records in Dublin.
smile.gif

Originally posted by lazyboy:

And Bono-man, did you actually get hit by anything? Cause there was alot of angry people around me throwing many nasty little objects at you people smirking out at us!
tongue.gif

Nah I never smirked at you guys...I turned my back to you lower class peoples of the entire day
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by dougal55:
See ya around, AM!

dougal x

yep, I hope so, too. I?ve heard those rumours about U2 coming back to Europe next year too. That?s be so great!!! *wishin But I?d love to got to Germany or Holland this time, I heard they are really mad down there
smile.gif

Anyway, you?re always welcome to visit me. But I?m telling ya, Iceland is a cold, dark, shitty, boring place...

Lazyboy - it?s been ages since I?ve seen you
smile.gif

------------------

Hey AM,

Are you from the Slane list and were at Turk's Head and The Palace the night before Slane? I remember a girl from Iceland there at one point Im sure...

------------------

Originally posted by bono_man:
Hey AM,

Are you from the Slane list and were at Turk's Head and The Palace the night before Slane? I remember a girl from Iceland there at one point Im sure...

yay, he remembers me
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
yep, I was at Turk?s head and another place later on (but I can?t remember the name of it)

that was a fun night
smile.gif

Did you get a flag???

------------------

[This message has been edited by AM (edited 11-14-2001).]

Originally posted by AM:
Anyway, you?re always welcome to visit me. But I?m telling ya, Iceland is a cold, dark, shitty, boring place.....

*takes note of that as a "possible" in my 2002 diary*

Ya know, a friend of mine went there sometime last year and he said it was brilliant.....but bloody cold though!

I extend the same courtesy to you.....you're always welcome to visit UK but Im telling ya... its a boring and shitty place and the weather is bloody miserable!......lol!

dougal

Originally posted by bono_man:
Desert Rose, Angel and myself were in The Clarence the night of the aftershow party for Slane 2. We had a drink and decided to wait outside for the guys...this is where Angel verbally assaulted me
wink.gif

Yes, it's true and he totally deserved it!! lol. I love you Jon, heh, heh, heh, but when you get in bewteen me and my boys! Look out!!!
wink.gif

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

Originally posted by AM:
Lazyboy - it?s been ages since I?ve seen you
smile.gif

tongue.gif
I know! Haven't been around much, but lately I'm spending more time here like I used to...skipping more lectures would be the key, they usually start getting boring around week.....8 i think
biggrin.gif

Hope you're well AM, I think I stabbed one of my friends with your flag, hehe, looks like I shoulda stabbed that snob Bono_ponse
wink.gif
I'll get you Bono_man, you cheat you!!!!
*lazyboy did not cheat the exact same way at Slane2!!*
wink.gif
Thats cause I didn't need to as I got in the heart properly!
smile.gif

AM, bono_man and co werent at the Turks Head the night we were there. They were being snobby and didnt come to the Interference get together! First he dont show up to the Interland gathering, then he turns his back on the Plebs at Slane.
Im sure he hid from me in London too
tongue.gif

AM, the place we then went to was called um...
some Irish sounding pub.
What was it again Lazy?

Back
Top Bottom