Where were you at Slane? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2001, 10:32 AM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 11:24 PM
I think Navy Blue should be a large glob over the entire audience

We were over by the plywood partion in front of the VIP section. Not even close to the white dots, tho

Nice aerial photo

Old 11-12-2001, 11:19 AM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 02:24 AM
LMAO manda. i want to print this and keep it with my slane ticket stub

Old 11-12-2001, 11:24 AM   #18
New Yorker

LOL, zoomanda... this is too funny! i was right between the red and purple dots, at the outside tip of the heart. it was great, except for the fact that they ran out of wristbands for the outer enclosed area, so i could not leave to go to the bathroom ALL DAY! luckily (??), i was pretty dehydrated by that point, so it wasn't really a problem...

argh! the things we go through for U2!! LOL!
Old 11-12-2001, 11:32 AM   #19
The Fly

Local Time: 06:24 AM
Manda, can you put a dot where the toilets were, coz i don't remember seeing them (or using them).
Old 11-12-2001, 01:04 PM   #20
you are what you is

Local Time: 07:24 AM
I was right at home

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it
Old 11-12-2001, 04:09 PM   #21
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonoforever:
Thats so cool! Didn't camp for the first show - saw you talking to Jaan though

Though had an amusing time camping for the second show (also freezing - with the drunks running round and actually setting fire to things ) Met Ruth there and she told us about Bono & Khelia - and showed us the 'elevated' pics.

Are you going to try and catch the European leg next summer?

Jaan! yes, i met him at slane- ran into him at the "U2 wall" in dublin near the recording studio, too.

yes, bono and khelia have an interesting, uh, "relationship"... LOL! she actually got pulled onstage during "Bad" at one of the recent NYC shows. it was too cool!

i sure am going to try to catch the european leg next summer!! i'm applying to graduate school right now, and if i get in (knock on wood!), i was planning on quitting my job this summer and then backpacking around europe for a month or so... and if U2 is there, i'll hopefully be seeing more shows! also, i *may* end up in london for grad school... we'll see!

what's your name? did we meet at slane?

Old 11-12-2001, 04:39 PM   #22
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by *Ally*:
Jaan! yes, i met him at slane- ran into him at the "U2 wall" in dublin near the recording studio, too.

yes, bono and khelia have an interesting, uh, "relationship"... LOL! she actually got pulled onstage during "Bad" at one of the recent NYC shows. it was too cool!

i sure am going to try to catch the european leg next summer!! i'm applying to graduate school right now, and if i get in (knock on wood!), i was planning on quitting my job this summer and then backpacking around europe for a month or so... and if U2 is there, i'll hopefully be seeing more shows! also, i *may* end up in london for grad school... we'll see!

what's your name? did we meet at slane?

LOL! I'm travelling Europe next summer with a few mates so will prob see you in GA! I live in London but starting Uni in Dublin next year.

Don't think we actually spoke at Slane but if memory serves me well you were standing about 2m away. (my name is Natalie) Spent most the day with Jaan and his friend because I lost the friend I came with!

You go to any of the London shows?

Old 11-12-2001, 04:51 PM   #23
New Yorker

Quote:
LOL! I'm travelling Europe next summer with a few mates so will prob see you in GA! I live in London but starting Uni in Dublin next year.

Don't think we actually spoke at Slane but if memory serves me well you were standing about 2m away. (my name is Natalie) Spent most the day with Jaan and his friend because I lost the friend I came with!

You go to any of the London shows?

Nice to finally meet (??) you, Natalie!!

Woohoo! hopefully, i'll see ya in the GA line next summer! I did catch 2 of the london shows- the 3rd (Aug. 22nd) and the 4th (Aug. 23rd). i was just blown away by London 3 (which was the day bono's dad passed away)- such an emotional, intense show. University in Dublin? that sounds fabulous! i was there for 4 days at slane time- i'd never been before, and i thought it was fantastic! khelia and i have already made plans to return next summer- maybe we'll all bump into each other in temple bar!

Old 11-12-2001, 05:13 PM   #24
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by *Ally*:
Nice to finally meet (??) you, Natalie!!

Woohoo! hopefully, i'll see ya in the GA line next summer! I did catch 2 of the london shows- the 3rd (Aug. 22nd) and the 4th (Aug. 23rd). i was just blown away by London 3 (which was the day bono's dad passed away)- such an emotional, intense show. University in Dublin? that sounds fabulous! i was there for 4 days at slane time- i'd never been before, and i thought it was fantastic! khelia and i have already made plans to return next summer- maybe we'll all bump into each other in temple bar!

London 3 was incredible - was really surprised when he went through with it especially as I've just been through the same thing meself. He came over and did the hand thing with me that nite so won't forget it too soon...

We'll probably bump into you at the Clarence! I'm so going to try for a job there once I've moved. The summer was my first time in Dublin too but I totally loved it - especially all the men with Irish accents!
Old 11-12-2001, 05:24 PM   #25
New Yorker

Quote:

London 3 was incredible - was really surprised when he went through with it especially as I've just been through the same thing meself. He came over and did the hand thing with me that nite so won't forget it too soon...

We'll probably bump into you at the Clarence! I'm so going to try for a job there once I've moved. The summer was my first time in Dublin too but I totally loved it - especially all the men with Irish accents!
i'm sorry to hear about your loss. i know, very surprising that bono went on with the show... but i think he's said that touring has helped him deal with his dad's death. regardless, it was a fantastic show.

when you say he "did the hand thing" to you at London 3, do you mean he bit it?? LOL! it's so cool when he does that... he's an interesting character, that's for sure! very cool experience, i must say! where were you standing? khelia, ruth and i were towards the front of the heart that night.

wow, working at the clarence would be awesome. a friend of ours was staying there for slane, so we got to hang out in the lounge and see her room. it's a very nice place! we went to the kitchen our last night in dublin, and got very very drunk and danced like fools. it was a blast!

i definitely hope to run into you next summer- let's keep our fingers croseed that these europe rumors are true!!

Old 11-12-2001, 06:15 PM   #26
Thom's Bitch

Local Time: 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angel:

I had a great time anyway... and Bono_Brat- wasn't that Rosa's hand Bono grabbed? lmao!!!

I love your new name.

He was obviously going for Rosa, but I butted in and MADE him grab my hand!! I think he only did it to get rid of me...

Dougal, I sure do remember you from Slane!! Good to see you are keeping well buddy...

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."
Old 11-13-2001, 12:22 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

*Bono sees Rosa*
*Bono goes in for the kill*
*Bono_brat pushes Rosa flying*
*Bono is scared and tries to escape but Bono_brat grabs onto his hand before poor Bono can get away*
*Bono decides to cancel all tours to Australia*

Zoomer, u telling me that navy blue dot was you?
I thought you were the lout carrying the giant blow up penis
Old 11-13-2001, 12:25 AM   #28
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Quote:
Originally posted by zooropamanda:
*Bono sees Rosa*
*Bono goes in for the kill*
*Bono_brat pushes Rosa flying*
*Bono is scared and tries to escape but Bono_brat grabs onto his hand before poor Bono can get away*
*Bono decides to cancel all tours to Australia*

OMIGOD!! That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!! lmao!!!

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."
Old 11-13-2001, 03:13 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Did you notice the way the sky went pink in the evening? That was me.
Old 11-13-2001, 03:32 AM   #30
Thom's Bitch

HAHA!! Im with ya there Christina!!

Wasnt this what we had our 'little discussion' over outside The Clarence??

Basically all, she ***accused*** me of pushing her out of the way to get to the band members. A large fight ensued and Rosa took her side...in the end I won

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."