Where the streets have no name on Rattle & Hum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mackemlad

The Fly
Just watched this again on DVD for the first time in years and something grabbed my attention that I remember from watching the video.

This may have already been discussed on hear, I am just wondering if anybody knows the answer.

Edge starts streets with an all black fender with rosewood neck and black head stock strat yet finishes it with a maple necked strat with white pickgaurd.
If you watch the dvd it is only noticble for a split second as the song is closing.
I went through frame by frame to be sure.

Was anyone at that show did Edge change his guitar and then perform studion openings or, did they play more than one night and splice from both shows.

Another thing I noticed by going frame by frame when the camera pans around the stadium showing the stage all lit up with the white lights, If you feeze frame there is no one on the stage.

Just interested if anyone knows about this

:wink:

Yes, the Tempe portion of R&H was from two separate nights spliced together (in parts). There were also overdubs for other performances - most notably, Bad. Bono kept singing the chorus to Ruby Tuesday incorrectly and so they overdubbed the correct lyrics over the performance.

Good catch though on the guitars!

I would think so. They did it with Slane. During Walk On, Bono's green guitar appears and disappears quite frequently :D

Actually, from Slane, I think he broke a string or had some other technical problem. Several shots show him with guitar, several without, and a couple show a roadie/guitar tech rushing out, taking the guitar from him, waiting behind him with the fixed guitar, and handing it back to him.

Anyone who went that can verify?

I was there both nights, but much too far away to see/remember what guitar he was playing...

1987u206b.thumb.jpg

Here is the exclusive shirt from that night.
All my concert shirts...
http://www.chrisedge.com/photos/tshirts

Back
Top Bottom