Where the Streets Have No Name(live)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chrissybaby said:
my fave is from point depot with the kerouac intro...
closely followed by leg 1 or 2 of zoo tv.

That's the one I was talking about, from 12-30...though all 4 Point Depot versions are nice. Did anyone ever say definitively who's "Auld Lang Syne" it is in the beginning of the New Year's show? To me it sounds like Edge, and then Bono joins in...

For me a really great streets happened in Monterrey, Mexico. Where i was expecting the african flags, and then instead we got the mexican and latin american flags!!! that was amazing!!!

U2vertigofly said:

:sigh: The one video that keeps my hopes alive that there is footage of the whole concert out there. :sigh:

Actually, two videos----that one, and this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtv8ugvFsjU&mode=related&search=

The one you posted is the one that i own, and it's edited. It's missing the first part of Auld Lang Syne---where Edge sings---and it's also missing Bono's speech from the beginning of the song.

The version I posted is a different one, slightly longer. It seems there are multiple sources for this video.....keeping my hopes alive that someone out there has the whole thing!

If someone could capture the second one---the link I just posted---and post the video up here, I'd be VERY thankful!!

Is there a way to copy a file from youtube? Old "open url" and save as route doesn't seem to work...

CTU2fan said:
Is there a way to copy a file from youtube? Old "open url" and save as route doesn't seem to work...

there are a few ways, but they involve different programs, none of which i have, and then using yet more programs to convert the video from a flash video to an mpeg, avi, etc.

If someone could capture that long version of Streets that I posted above, and this IWF from Point Depot too:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u_uF_2Vyow0

I'd be forever in love with them! :wink:

I actually have 2 dvd's with that footage on them, but I can't remember if the Streets version is that one or the cut one. One is "Angels in Devils Shoes" which a lot of people have...

My favourite verison is the Love Town performance with the Sam Beckett intro. I love the way Bono sings, "I go there WITH-yoUU," the way he changes the way he inunciates "with" and "you" - it really adds so much dimension to the song. And the intro is really personal and subtle, not overblown like some of the intros have become. And I love it how he says, "Take me," just before the drums kick in.

Michael Griffiths said:
My favourite verison is the Love Town performance with the Sam Beckett intro. I love the way Bono sings, "I go there WITH-yoUU," the way he changes the way he inunciates "with" and "you" - it really adds so much dimension to the song.

Yep I love that part of it. :drool:

Utoo, here's Streets from Youtube in ipod format, if it works I'll grab IWF.
http://download.you sendit.com/F9F084BA77A02F5A

The Slane Castle AIWIY-Streets segue is great, but there's an audience recording ofr MSG 10/24/2001, I think, an audience recording, where you can hear what sounds like the entire audience singing along. Not sure if it was specifically that night or just the recording quality latter seems more likely,) but it's incredible.

rickphisto said:
i am having a hard time deciding which live version of streets to use for something i am doing for a friend of mine. which version does everyone think is the best?

i am leaning torward boston 2001 i love the psalms begining.

suggestions?

*ahem* All I Want is You/Where the Streets Have No Name - Slane 01 *ahem*

God........

Either Boston '01 or maybe Popmart in Rotterdam, off the Please single. The R&H version is right up there too!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom