Where the Sheets Have No Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyMarie

Acrobat
So I was just listening to "Bad/40/WTSHNN" on the Electrical Storm single. I am HoH, but I swear it sounds like Bono's singing "where the sheets have no name". Am I imagining things? Also, what is Bono's speech about before Streets comes on? I can't understand a word of that either...

The speech is one of the Psalms.
Yes, it sounds like he is singing "where the shtreets have no name".

He does the same thing on WTSHNN from Boston, the "shtreets" thing. A bit annoying

WCF said:
He does the same thing on WTSHNN from Boston, the "shtreets" thing. A bit annoying

The sound recording on the Electrical Storm single is from the Boston concert.
:wink:

The best is when he sings "All I Want is You" at Milan, and says, "ALL I WANT IH- YOU!"

phillyfan26 said:
The best is when he sings "All I Want is You" at Milan, and says, "ALL I WANT IH- YOU!"

Nah, I prefer "your eyes make a circoh" from just about every I Will Follow ever.

Bono's enunciation for the fail.

Yeah, the "schtreets" thing bugs me. It's like he's trying to do his best Sean Connery impersonation.

He also announced their next song as "Shunday Bloody Shunday" during Live Aid. :lol:

If he's bad at his own songs, trying to figure out what the hell Bono's snippeting can sometimes be well-nigh impossible thanks to enunciation like this.

There's one from Bad in Worcester, 4 May 1987 that I don't think anybody's been able to nail. If I remember correctly, he did it again in Hartford, 9 May 1987.

corianderstem said:
Yeah, the "schtreets" thing bugs me. It's like he's trying to do his best Sean Connery impersonation.

He also announced their next song as "Shunday Bloody Shunday" during Live Aid. :lol:

Feck, you just get the toup to fit and then the darn dentshures shtart to go.

Damn. I was thinking this thread was gonna link me to a cool parody. :grumpy:

Don't ask, and we won't have to suffer through it...

I have also noticed the "schtreets" thing, but I thought it was just Bono trying to be amusing, or heal his voice, or whatever.

Actually Screech from saved by the bell was there that night - so he sang where the screech has no name - its true!!!! read the review on u2tours.com

Back
Top Bottom