Where is Ignoreland?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cybersyd

The Fly
We know for sure that he is one of the few persons able to reveal us some juicy news about the album.
Maybe he has already listened to it...

...so Ignoreland please post something for us

:drool: :drool: :drool: :applaud:

Ha interesting theories, both; but no, the band was never upset or anything that I shared a little bit of information with their most faithful fans. And no, I was never annoyed at anyone here (why should I have been??) and I'm a little bit surprised to learn that I annoyed Martha and others simply for sharing a bit of info. I was never trying to be coy, just careful and respectful to the band, and I believe that I was both of those.

In the vein of being respectful to the band, I think that in the final two month run-up to the release of the album--now that Rolling Stone, Q, NME etc. finally care about information about this album--the proper thing to do is to let the U2 Promotional Machine (c), which they've invested so much money in, do its thing in terms of the timing of release of information. It won't be long, though.

I'm sorry if that's a let down. But since we're on the brink of being deluged by all things U2, I've been listening to all things but. And this is probably egomaniacal, but if you're looking for new music to tide the time until November let me suggest my three favorite albums of the past few months:

Animal Collective - Sung Tongs
The Futureheads - s/t
A.C. Newman - The Slow Wonder

C'mon man, give us at least something!
Just these two questions which were bothering me for a very long time...
1. Is the new album good?
2. Is "Native Son" on the album?
The curiosity is killing me!:drool:

Dalton said:
Forget Ignoreland ... where in the world is Bone-Thugz-&Harmony?

Meet me at the crossroads (crossroads) so I won't be lonely.....

GREATEST POST EVER

:up:

martha said:
Then why did you ask for your posts to be removed?

Well, I think he was asked (and maybe not spanked) to remove his post, as it was at a point that the band may have changed direction with the album. Remember Neil McCormick said he heard their work last year and assumed it to be done at that point.

Ignoreland? Hey, I'm glad to see you're actually among the living.....:wink:

The "U2 promotional machine" is not for fans on this message board. That's for making a million in cd sales turn into five million. Let's be honest, everyone here will buy everything U2 when it comes out. If anything, the die hards are the ones who should get to know the song titles or some descriptions of the songs a few weeks or a month before everyone else anyway. Which is why it was nice to see the band let people come into the studio or at least play the new record through the speaker system so people outside could hear it. In the grand scope of things only a few hundred or a thousand at the most out of millions would care enough to listen to a crap recording of a snippet of a new U2 song over and over and over again anyway.

My apologies popmofo, I just saw your post. :wink:

seriously, I just heard that song the other night and realized I hadn't heard them in years .... faded out of the history books like that time Bon Jovi wrote a second song ....

VertiGone said:
In the grand scope of things only a few hundred or a thousand at the most out of millions would care enough to listen to a crap recording of a snippet of a new U2 song over and over and over again anyway.

Oh I dunno, I had over 10,000 people download that Vertigo leak from me before I was told to take it down. Might be a few more than that... :wink:

I wonder if any more leaks will appear? :hmm:

Wow, Vertigone, you underestimate the number and dedication of U2's core fanbase. It is a fanbase in the millions, and the devotion to this band is enormous. I'm sure neutral saw tens of thousands of users hit his server to listen to the crappy recording of "Vertigo".

People, not just "hard-core" U2 fans, are really looking forward to this record and they want to see if U2 has captured the energy and power of the "Elevation Tour".

I bet they have.....

Last edited:
Well, i wasn't questioning the dedication of the U2 fanbase, the worldwide fanbase anyway. I think it's a great sign that that many people tried to access the link. The point i was trying to make is that i think it was a lame excuse from Ignoreland, someone clearly in the know on the new record, that he wouldn't divulge information on the new album to us because he wanted the "U2 promotional machine" to run its course. Ultimately, i'm sure he is thinking "who am I" to give info on the new album when it should be up to the band to decide when people find things out, but he could have at least said that instead. The 10 million they are spending is clearly to get those who wouldn't normally purchase a U2 album to purchase it. No one here falls into that category.

Back
Top Bottom