Where Does U2 Place In Your Top 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonna Run 2 U

New Yorker
Obviously for me.. they are number 1. But it seems that it is a rare thing for a lot of people to give them that spot. People generally put the beatles, stones, and led zeppelin before U2 is even mentioned. Things may be different around here on a U2 forum but I was curious to see if maybe you guys had different lists as to what your top 5's were and where U2 would place (if they are even in your top 5). I just assume (hopefully) that they would be

U2 will always be my number one no matter what. After there comes Primal Scream, to which I've been listening most time in last two years. Then in no particular order: David Bowie, Depeche Mode, Oasis, Jamiroquai, Radiohead, Beck, Led Zeppelin.

1. u2
2. Led zeppelin
3. The rolling stones
4. The who
5. Jimi Hendrix

U2 will never be replaced at the top but Led Zeppelin and the rolling stones are having a fight for 2nd place.

1. U2

Then in no particular order: King Crimson, Mansun, Porcupine Tree, The Beatles, and Cousteau...I guess that's six, but it's hard to boot one of those from the list.

1. U2
2. Pink Floyd
3. Bruce Sprinsteen
4. Neil Young
5. Metallica

Almost the same for me...

1. U2
2. Neil Young
3. Pink Floyd
4. Rolling Stones
5. Bruce Springsteen

(6-10 in no particular order: Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Van Morrison, The Beatles, The Doors)

1. U2
2. Bruce Springsteen
3. Madonna
4. The Smashing Pumpkins
5. Coldplay

Prince, Nelly Furtado, MUSE, The Police, and The Smiths follow the top 5. Pretty solid list in my opinion. I mean, I did pick it. haha

1 - Led Zeppelin
2 - U2

3-5 - Has varied over the years depending on mood. Echo and the Bunnymen, Metallica, Simple Minds, Big Country, Rush, Muse, Pearl Jam,

U2
Morrissey/The Smiths
The Dresden Dolls
Radiohead
Arcade Fire

That's probably more an overall ranking, my favourite band will always change at different times depending on who I've seen live lately, who released an album last etc.

#1 by far. With R.E.M., Pearl Jam, The Beatles, etc fighting for the other positions.

I have a greater emotional attachment to U2, but I think I'd place them just behind The Beatles and Zeppelin.

U2 is my number one because of the entire package of live band, classic albums, ability to remain popular, basically everything

Frank Zappa probably will always just be slightly behind them

followed by REM

4 would be Beach Boys / Brian Wilson

nr. 5 could be a great number of artists from (Aphex Twin, AC/DC, Tindersticks, etc etc) but would probably be Will Oldham aka Bonnie 'Prince' Billy aka Palace Music

1. U2
2. Our Lady Peace
3. Bruce Springsteen
4. Neil Diamond
5. Bon jovi

U2 aren't in my top 5. They can't be in any chart. They are independently at the top above all my favourite bands then there is "rest", in top 5

U2 aren't in my top 5. They can't be in any chart. They are independently at the top above all my favourite bands then there is "rest", in top 5

exactly....

In no particular order, some other bands on my list way behind U2 that I love-

Radiohead
R.E.M.
Bright Eyes
Clapton
Beatles
Bob Dylan
Ryan Adams

1. U2
2. Pearl Jammers
3. The Beatles
4. Rapid.Eye.Movers.
5. Springsteen, The Boss, Bruce

Extremely honorable mention - Girls A-L-O-U-D (with a L-O-U-D)

Back
Top Bottom