Where do u2 rank in your list??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. U2
2. The Police
3. Bruce Springsteen
4. INXS (original line up)
5. Simple Minds
6. The Beatles
7. Van Halen
8. Rolling Stones
9. Collective Soul
10. The Cult

My top 4 are pretty concrete to me. After that they could almost go in any order. I like those about the same. U2 is by far my #1 band.

1. R.E.M.
2. Nine Inch Nails
3. Pearl Jam
4. U2
5. Depeche Mode
6. Morrissey
7. The Cure
8. The Smiths
9. The Jesus And Mary Chain
10. Echo And The Bunnymen

Right at this very moment, it looks like this:

1. Pink Floyd
2. David Bowie
3. U2
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers
5. The Beatles

Overall though, U2 would be number one and will be for a very long time I'd expect.

I think historically, U2 is certainly my favorite band -- I've loved them for so many years. But in between albums and tours, I'm less passionate about them. When the new album comes out, I'm sure they'll be the clear #1.

I have a top tier of favorite artists, any of which could be my very favorite in a given moment, depending on my mood:

Arcade Fire
Bruce Springsteen
U2
Beatles
Bob Dylan
Van Morrison
Wilco
Natalie Merchant/10,000 Maniacs
Tori Amos
Sarah McLachlan
Sting/Police
Mark Knopfler
Radiohead
Peter Gabriel
Paul Simon
R.E.M.
Aimee Mann
David Gray

And there are other newcomers vying for a spot, like Sufjan Stevens, Andrew Bird, Belle & Sebastian, things like that.

1. Porcupine Tree
2. The Shadows
3. Pure Reason Revolution
4. U2
5. Dream Theater
6. Crowded House
7. Joy Division
8. Agalloch
9. Orphaned Land
10. Split Enz

Besides PT at #1, that's pretty subject to change. I find it incredibly hard to rank music nowadays. How am I meant to compare and rank awesome bands like U2, The Shadows, and Orphaned Land? They have precious few, if any, common elements, so any comparison is extremely difficult.

Musically, I listen to a LOT of music from other bands and artists and my favourite list changes a lot, so I can not really rank them.

But U2 are always the numer 1 in my heart and soul, and they are indeed the only band that I am REALLY interested in. I don't think I have read even remotedly as much about any other artist(s) than I have about U2. They just move me, they are a part of me, I follow their lives and work with a passion.

The truth is, that I got to know a lot of other music because of U2, and I think it's absolutly good and necessary to go out of your way sometimes and listen to different stuff from other artists. That does not mean that I don't like U2 any more or that there music has become less interesting for me.

I'd say U2 is something like home for me, a place that I always return to.

u2 number 1 heart and soul all the way for ever and ever amen.

then in no particular order....
guns n roses,
inxs ( with hutch)
the cure
robbie williams :reject:
crowded house and other aussie music

1. U2
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers (Very close to U2)
3. Foo Fighters

I went to bed thinking i had maybe asked a duff question coz of only 2 replies at the time. Then I wake up and ya all replied. Cheers ppl......intresting stuff..........god to see a number of my other faves like Bruce Springsteen get a mention. Al ad my top 10 faves too since you lot been so good.
Positions 1 and 2 are set in stone, the rest are in no particular order.

1. U2
2. James
3. The Waterboys
4. Bruce Springsteen
5. Led Zepplin
6. The Beatles
7. David Gray
8. Stone Roses
9. Daniel Lanois (On his own Merits)
10. Bob Dylan

Last edited:
1. U2
2. Queen
3. RHCP
4. Europe
5. Depeche Mode
6. Led Zeppelin
7. INXS
8. Guns and Roses
9. Mettalica
10. Duran Duran:shifty:

1. Led Zeppelin
2. U2

3-?

Bunch of other people depending what mood I'm in

it waxes and wanes a bit, but for overall consistency it would have to be U2 quite comfortably

1. U2
2. Madonna
3. Bruce Springsteen
4. The Smashing Pumpkins
5. Prince
6. Nelly Furtado
7. The Police
8. The Beatles
9. Rage Against The Machine
10. The Killers

It's good to see at least one other person rank Madonna as high as I did. Haha.

1 U2
2 The Smiths
3 The Tragically Hip
4 REM
5 The Police
6 Neil Young
7 Talking Heads
8 Van Morrisson
9 Stones
10 Radiohead

U2 (and always will be)
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
The Beatles
Radiohead
Depeche Mode
Guns N Roses
Roy Orbison (although not a band one of the greatest writters ever)
Beach Boys
Coldplay

LDM007 said:
1. U2
2. Madonna
3. Bruce Springsteen
4. The Smashing Pumpkins
5. Prince
6. Nelly Furtado
7. The Police
8. The Beatles
9. Rage Against The Machine
10. The Killers

It's good to see at least one other person rank Madonna as high as I did. Haha.

The woman sings, writes lyrics, dances, plays guitar (albeit, not so well :wink: ) and produces. She's not still a major force in the music industry because she sucks!

1)U2
2)Dream Theater
3)Neal Morse/Spock's Beard
4)Johnny Cash
5)The Killers
6)The Mars Volta
7)Transatlantic
8)Living Sacrifice
9)Thrice
10)Emery
11)Rush
12)Underoath
13)Edison Glass
14)Tourniquet
15)Steve Khun Trio

last unicorn said:
Musically, I listen to a LOT of music from other bands and artists and my favourite list changes a lot, so I can not really rank them.

But U2 are always the numer 1 in my heart and soul, and they are indeed the only band that I am REALLY interested in. I don't think I have read even remotedly as much about any other artist(s) than I have about U2. They just move me, they are a part of me, I follow their lives and work with a passion.

The truth is, that I got to know a lot of other music because of U2, and I think it's absolutly good and necessary to go out of your way sometimes and listen to different stuff from other artists. That does not mean that I don't like U2 any more or that there music has become less interesting for me.

I'd say U2 is something like home for me, a place that I always return to.

I so agree, I think you have read my mind. I used to feel that way about the Beatles, but that lessened quite a bit. No other band, for over 20 years has moved me emotionally like U2 do-music, voice and lyrics. It is like an overwhelming crush-

great thread, and i see some names i agree with. Have to give it more thought, but here goes.
After U2, the order changes, depending on the mood.
1. U2
2. Springsteen
3. Dire Straits/ Mark Knopfler- his talent kills me
4. Sting
5. Coldplay
6. Talking Heads :drool:
7. George Michael (older solo stuff)
8. Dave Matthews
9. Sarah Mclaughlan(sp?)
10. David Gray
11. Elton John(older stuff) and David Bowie, Annie Lennox, REM, Queen and Peter Gabriel for sure.
I used to listen to Rikki Lee Jones,too BUT NOT chuckie's in love!!
Kate Bush-excellent.

Back
Top Bottom