Where did that come from....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ishkash

War Child
<late>

I am talking about Bono's amazing vocals on Walk On Grammy performance.I think it sounded like the old passionate U2, this clip would fit into the Rattle and Hum segment...when Bono could tear the roof with his screams.I am absolutely stunned! I never expected him to hit those notes with such a ease.On the tour it sounded like the band is just doing a formality, thats what I think after listening to this performance.I just hope he carries this form into the next album

</late>

------------------
In this Ozland

nice html
wink.gif

Me thinks I'm gonna go listen to the mp3 of that now!

This has surprised me considerably, since I read Bono saying that he has lost his ability to fly as a singer.I am not sure if that stands correct in the context of the subject.But he's really going for it specially during the chorus and the Halle-Lujah part with our cracking or that graesy voice that he has now a days.Its very strong and powerful.

The voice is back

------------------
In this Ozland

Originally posted by ishkash:
This has surprised me considerably, since I read Bono saying that he has lost his ability to fly as a singer.I am not sure if that stands correct in the context of the subject.But he's really going for it specially during the chorus and the Halle-Lujah part with our cracking or that graesy voice that he has now a days.Its very strong and powerful.

The voice is back

I agree 100%! That performace was Bono circa 1988 - full bodied, rich, and powerful. It shows that Bono can still wail if he wants.

It makes me wonder - perhaps the presence of other singers brings out the best in Bono. He certainly sounded good with the Corrs (just a hint of scratchiness near the end of one song, but otherwise, very strong vocals).

I attribute his performance that night to plenty of vocal rest and maybe some preperation. Singers do need to treat their voices like instruments, so they do need care.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by david:
I attribute his performance that night to plenty of vocal rest and maybe some preperation. Singers do need to treat their voices like instruments, so they do need care.

I totally agree with that.
However, I wouldn't say it was as great as the JT/R&H days. He'll never be able to touch that era again as far as vocal abilities go. It was definitely the best he's sounded since the Zoo TV/ Zooropa tours though...in my opinion. Hope it continues.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

Back
Top Bottom