When you sing along to U2 songs.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which vocal part do you sing?

• Lead (usually Bono)

Votes: 55 78.6%
  • Backing (usually Edge's harmonies)

Votes: 15 21.4%

• Total voters
It depends on the song and the day. My tessitura is in the Bass-Baritone range, but somedays I can go pretty high up into the Tenor range (not that it sounds very good...) If there's falsetto, I'll always sing with that. Bad is really fun, because I've worked out a version with me singing the song in D (a fifth lower) while the recording is in A, and that song sounds great with a lower voice. That and all of Lemon are probably the most fun to sing with, and UF is definitely the most difficult.

As a U2 fan for over 20 years I've seen a lot through the years. For basically 15 years I was witness to nothing but an upward curve of quality. However, since the so called "Pop" debarcle I have been witness to a U2 that has been ashamed to too much of its back catalogue and ashamed of the dictions they followed in the 90's decade. Apart from a handful of songs: beautiful Day, In A Little While. New York, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Stuck In a Moment, Vertiso, Fast Cars , COBL and Sometimes…..the 00s have not been a great time for U2 creativly, until that was, until I heard the B-side of the Window In The Skies (great U2 song) Tower of Song, which I now consider to be one of the greatest U2 cover versions, if only they could write an original song of similar quality!

An Cat Gav said:
As a U2 fan for over 20 years I've seen a lot through the years. For basically 15 years I was witness to nothing but an upward curve of quality. However, since the so called "Pop" debarcle I have been witness to a U2 that has been ashamed to too much of its back catalogue and ashamed of the dictions they followed in the 90's decade. Apart from a handful of songs: beautiful Day, In A Little While. New York, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Stuck In a Moment, Vertiso, Fast Cars , COBL and Sometimes…..the 00s have not been a great time for U2 creativly, until that was, until I heard the B-side of the Window In The Skies (great U2 song) Tower of Song, which I now consider to be one of the greatest U2 cover versions, if only they could write an original song of similar quality!

That's nice.

But what does it have to do with singing along to U2 songs?

I am more of an air guitar man than a singer....also I have to confess to rarely being able to get the words right even when I have heard and read them so so many times.

Back
Top Bottom