When you first listened to 'Dismantle an Atomic Bomb'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My parents gave me the limited edition, but I didn't want to play it at their place (my dad can only stand the Sun Studio tracks, my mom likes them up to and including R&H)

So I popped the CD in my car stereo and drove around for a while, just listning, I think I repeated LAPOE a few times, as well as Miracle Drug and the intro to Yhwh.

Before I got it I had almost memorised the article in Q, so I sort of knew what I wanted to listen to, but only later I actually started to hear the full effect of the album. I love the first 7 tracks, as well as Fast Cars, the other tracks have some interesting parts, but aren't at the same level.

It was a grower. When I first heard it, I really only liked Vertigo, COBL and ABOY. Then I took it for a long ride and broke it in. I fell in love with One Step Closer, Yahweh, and especially Origin of the Species. I also found new love for AMAAW and LAPOE. I still can't stand Crumbs though.

The Disciple said:
B4I drove around 4 three hours listening 2 it in the Florida countryside...

I was extremely patient in not downloading any of the songs before official release. I bought the CD at Best Buy the day it was released and I too drove through the Florida country side listening to the CD in it's entirety. I have to say I wasn't just "blown away" immediately. I thought there was some great moments on most of the songs. But I listened to it over and over again and really just fell in love with the album which I also did for Pop and ATYCLB.

Miracle Drug and OOTS really hit a very personal note for me at that time.

Overall it's a great CD.

Back
Top Bottom