When will Vertigo hit the Airwaves in the US?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's the same as every where else, the 24th of September. Not long to go now! give us a 30 sec clip U2.com!

The single release isn't due until end of October/start of Novemeber. The single get's it's radio airplay release on the 24th of Sept. Sorry man! not quite soo enough is it!

Don't worry, once it hits the airwaves it will be recorded and posted on the net, then people can burn singles of their own.:wink:

Man, that's pretty cool. I've heard that Vertigo is being sent out to radio stations on the 24th as an MP3 file to prevent leaks before the 24th! rather the standard promo CD.

I still hope to hear something of it before hand, the suspense is killing me.

I have a question:

What is the cut-off date for Vertigo being eligible for the Grammy awards? And does being released on the radio count, or is the official retail release of the CD single what counts?

I got in my car today to drive to campus and Stories for Boys was playing on the radio. The DJ came on after the song and reminded us about U23 being released in 1979. He then mentioned that he had already heard the new single (said it sounded a lot like Stories for Boys) and stated the radio station was not allowed to play it over the air waves yet but that it will be released soon...

Damn! They should release at least a 30 sec clip. One month before they released Beautiful Day, U2.com had the clip up. Whats taken them...:mad:

hehe

U2dork said:
I got in my car today to drive to campus and Stories for Boys was playing on the radio. The DJ came on after the song and reminded us about U23 being released in 1979. He then mentioned that he had already heard the new single (said it sounded a lot like Stories for Boys) and stated the radio station was not allowed to play it over the air waves yet but that it will be released soon...

Yeah, I heard him say that too (by-the-way I'm in California, but I love 99X in Atlanta)!! The great thing about 99X is that they play U2 all the time, different eras and all.

I was really excited to hear him make the comparison to "Stories For Boys", that's a good up-tempoed song!!

Although the official release to the Airways is on the 24th, I wouldn't be suprised if KROQ 106.7 releases it a couple days early. They usually have the inside track on world premier new music. Either way it's not too much longer. Awesome.

bono_man2002 said:
maybe they might play it on the U2 radio marathon in cleveland on friday.

Yeah, I'm hoping for that as well, at least a 30sec clip of it. It's great news that DJ's have already got Vertigo, I just want one of 'em to slip up and send to someone they shouldn't have.

Also good to hear it's in the vien of Story For Boys, I felt that from the little clip we were exposed to last month.

Just as long as it leaks before I go on holiday on the 22nd, I'll be happy.

Back
Top Bottom