When will U2`s back catalogue be remastered?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ :lol: I took out the batteries from mine, I had a Furby Baby though :cute: Baby bono?! :cute: cute: :wink:

Hey I also bought my JT in 2005, CD, and it does have that mastering problem. AND Exit yeas, it IS terribly low. Just yesterday i was listening to it and my Dad came to my room (he is an audio freak) and told me: "Why don't you just turn the thing off instead of listening at that volume?" Well, guess what? Exit was just starting :lol:

On the other hand, no way there'll be U2 SACDs, right? At least hybrid ones so they play on every player... :sigh:

Popmartijn said:
And don't forget the Elvis Costello reissues. All his albums were remastered, with a bonus disc with demos, outtakes, live tracks and/or other hard-to-find songs. Plus the booklets came with an essay written by the man himself and the lyrics to the songs (plus photos). :up:
Oh hell yes! The Rykodisc reissues of the Elvis Costello catalogue are EXACTLY how well album reissues should be done.

Jesus, 'Get Happy!!'s reissue has 50 TRACKS. The original 20 album tracks and 30 tracks of outtakes, demos, and live stuff. Amazing :drool:

Erm, those are the Rhino reissues. The Rykodisc reissues were also nice in the mid-Nineties (album plus some bonus tracks, but all on one CD), but they fade in comparison to his Rhino reissues.
And indeed, Get Happy!! is 50 tracks (Imperial Bedroom 36 or so, as is King Of America, etc.).

Popmartijn said:
Erm, those are the Rhino reissues. The Rykodisc reissues were also nice in the mid-Nineties (album plus some bonus tracks, but all on one CD), but they fade in comparison to his Rhino reissues.
And indeed, Get Happy!! is 50 tracks (Imperial Bedroom 36 or so, as is King Of America, etc.).
Ah my bad. I forget both companies have access to his catalogue.

Let's take a time out to appreciate Elvis Costello some more :drool: :drool: :drool:

gareth brown said:
i like to think they're not the kind of band who like to deliberately squeeze extra money out of their fans by releasing the same albums again! if they were to do proper re-issues with a lot of extras and really nice packaging (like these nice thick cases you get all these 'legacy/deluxe edition' albums on then it'd probably be worth it. If they just re-released the same albums with 'remastered' sound then that would just be poor!

Then why do I have to buy the full i-tunes package to get Levitate, Native Son etc? Only a pretty avid u2 fan would want them, and they already would have most if not all the albums already!

By the way if anyone could post these as a YSI......

Back
Top Bottom