When will the album leak? Part 2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would find it maddening if after all this the "leak" they're referring to end up being the 2 sets of 30-second clips.

so i have to go for an hour so i signed up to diditleak's twitter (twitter.com/diditleak) and set it up to txt my phone if there are any new updates.

im set!

I just heard on my local radio station that they have copies of NLOTH to give away, BEFORE :hyper: it comes out on March 3rd. I tried to call them but couldn't get through. I've emailed them to verify they have copies. If this is true, it's bound to leak any moment now. Since every really big station already has it. I would think.

interesting, thanks for posting

I'm not sure we'll get a leak tonight, but I do think we'll get one soon, within the next few days. Especially if artdirector is right and it's really out there somewhere...it's got to make its way to more obvious sources eventually.

"there has been some playing of the new album online"

This to me sounds as if it could mean the 30 second clips and not the full album. With the word "Some" not all.

:huh:

Certainly a possibility.

But I don't think that's what Alan Cross was referring to.

34iiys6.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder...

walmart clips leak>>Universal hears of it today/yesterday>>Universal sends out dogs>>Cross/artdirector's source etc. get wind that Universal is looking for "leaked NLOTH">>different interpretations lead some to believe that Universal is looking for the whole album

On the other hand, it should leak soon anyways.

I have been talking to Cross on and off all day, yeah. So I know and he knows. And I actually helped tipped him off to the new clips as well, but apparently they've only been using the old ones.

I don't go around making BS up peterrrr :wave:

I can confirm that the Electrical Storm video was played for the first time ever on VH1 this morning!!!!!!!!!!

Well, for those that like leaks....it looks like the fourth (and final) Futurama movie is now up on torrent sites! :up:

A serious note may be allowed here: Our perspective and desire as die hard fans to listen as quick as possible is one side of the story (and I am no exception for this longing:drool: when it is out, it is out, and I also want to listen ...) – the other perspective (and in this case more important one) is the artists' one. U2 and all their (expensive) empire around have worked for the new album for years now, arranged dead lines, fixed dates for all the promotional campaign etc.
So I really do hope for them, that the album (e.g. the complete tunes) has not leaked yet. It would be much too early for their schedule and would mean not only a kind of creative theft for them, but a financial desaster – with not to calculate numbers of people, who will download it – without buying later a copy of it.
If us here waited another good two weeks, it wouldn't make that much of a difference really. But for our band a leak would be a catastrophy. And if somebody really had broken laws by illegally recording the album somewhere during a pre-listening party, I'm not on his side either. It would mean, that this somebody cheated and committed a crime – nothing more, nothing less. Hopefully this rumour is wrong ... :|

A serious note may be allowed here: Our perspective and desire as die hard fans to listen as quick as possible is one side of the story (and I am no exception for this longing:drool: when it is out, it is out, and I also want to listen ...) – the other perspective (and in this case more important one) is the artists' one. U2 and all their (expensive) empire around have worked for the new album for years now, arranged dead lines, fixed dates for all the promotional campaign etc.
So I really do hope for them, that the album (e.g. the complete tunes) has not leaked yet. It would be much too early for their schedule and would mean not only a kind of creative theft for them, but a financial desaster – with not to calculate numbers of people, who will download it – without buying later a copy of it.
If us here waited another good two weeks, it wouldn't make that much of a difference really. But for our band a leak would be a catastrophy. And if somebody really had broken laws by illegally recording the album somewhere during a pre-listening party, I'm not on his side either. It would mean, that this somebody cheated and committed a crime – nothing more, nothing less. Hopefully this rumour is wrong ... :|

i definitely agree with you, but even if it is leaked i will still buy a copy :shrug:

i definitely agree with you, but even if it is leaked i will still buy a copy :shrug:

Realistically, anyone could download the album illegally at any time if they knew where to look. What's a difference of 16 days, really? That's when Bomb leaked, and it sold just fine.

I'll download a leak when it appears. Also, I've pre-ordered the collectors edition, LPs, AND a regular edition so I have one I can beat up..... U2 won't lose any money from leaking to me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom