when they pull a person up on stage...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeIsTooSexy

ONE love, blood, life
Right now I'm dedicated to learning U2 songs live because I would love (as any other guitarist would) to be taken up on stage to play with U2. I'm just wondering what songs do they normally play with people from the audience. I only witnessed it happen once out of my two U2 concerts.. which was the guy playing the piano for wild horses.. but I'm wondering about guitar.
peace

Party Girl seems to be the main staple you get to play, although they once did All Along the Watchtower during Elevation. And some band was allowed to play ISHFWILF during one of the last shows of leg 1 Vertigo. But those were exceptions.

Back in the 80's there was a greater range of choice as Bono pulled out wannabe guitarists to also play People Get Ready and Knocking on Heaven's door.

Don't expect to get pulled out to play 11:00 Tick Tock or Where the Streets. Bono only gives you his accoustic guitar to play with. Larry would not give up his seat for that band that played ISHFWILF, and I wouldn't be surprised if Edge would whisper 'over my dead body' when you looked at his guitar rig. Probably wouldn't do you any good either if he did it being so complicated.

RE Muad: What about that band in LA for Out of Control, didn't their drummer play on Larry's set? And I think they used the Explorer for that one, too.

u2thewho said:
RE Muad: What about that band in LA for Out of Control, didn't their drummer play on Larry's set? And I think they used the Explorer for that one, too.

yep, Exit is their name.... Dallas gave the guitarist Bono's Falcon, but Edge said she could play the Explorer!
Larry and Bono sat in front of the drumkit while they played OOC

wow!!!! Edge's explorer :drool: .. . . so i should def. learn angel of harlem

u2thewho said:

Clearly exceptions to the rule. I'm amazed that Larry and Edge gave up their gear. But I still say it's 99.99% certain that if Bono pulls you out of the audience it will not be to play songs like WOWY or 11:00 Tick Tock. No matter how much that is my personal fantasy.

Come to think of it, I must have listened to up to a thousand bootlegs and most of the guitar players Bono picks are barely worth the name. Most of them SUCK in capital letters. So maybe the key to being picked is more to bring along a big ass sign and not rehearse until your fingers bleed.

yes i plan on bringing a big ass sign....lol....i got edges attention with one before! ..i just want to know the songs i should learn to be prepared. and what would be logical to know..

In most cases, they do not play U2 songs when pulling up a person.

Normally it's things like "Knocking On Heaven's Door" or "People Get Ready".

The exceptions would be the fellow that played "A Sort Of Homecoming" at Elevation #2 Oakland and when 'Exit' played "Out OF Control".

if you do, get to play GOOD songs... and not casual fan songs...

I'd love to play

SO CRUEL
WGRYWH
Acrobat :drool:
Out Of Control

and my last dream was playing New Year's Day, but just a guitar and Bono...

yeah that would be amazing! id like to play bullet but i guess ill have to learn people get ready....does the person normally play rythem then?
me + Edge playing together :drool:
thanks bonospal =)

DO they play rhythm? 99.99999% that are basically strumming along to a cover song. They play something on acoustic.

As far as I can remember, only the 2 tribute bands that got onstage during the Vertigo tour used any electric guitars.

SO I wouldn't get one's hopes up that you will get to strap on Edge's Strat and play Bullet.

neither would i, im sick of hearing bullet!

if i EVER get to a concert and EVER get front row, i would hold a sign asking if i could drum to either,...

Walk on
WOWY
Kite (extended version from vertigo tour)

there my main ones cos if i got to one i would have taken the girl i fancy and would want to impress :wink:

of course thats the whole point of playing the bullet solo...to impress edge :drool: :wink:
any other cover songs besides people get ready?
edges explorer :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom