when the stars go bue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phommel

Refugee
I know this is already a very old song.
But why do I hear this song so often lately on Catalan radio? everytime when I am at my girlfriends place I hear this song in the car on radio. Seems like this is a big hit at the moment.

Does anybody know more information about this?

thanx, P.

When Stars Go Blue was done with Andrea Corr at Live 8 song written by Ryan Adams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV_dbCF1jOA

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDlVoU49QEc

which I think was about 2003

So beautiful. Heres the lyrics too.

Dancin' where the stars go blue
Dancin' where the evening fell
Dancin' in your wooden shoes
In a wedding gown

Dancin' out on 7th street
Dancin' through the underground
Dancin' little marionette
Are you happy now

Where do you go when you're lonely
Where do you go when you're blue
I'll follow you
When the stars go blue
When the stars go blue
When the stars go blue
When the stars go blue

Laughing with your pretty mouth
Laughing with your broken eyes
Laughing with your lover's tongue
In a lullaby

I'll follow you
When the stars go blue
When the stars go blue
When the stars, when the stars go blue
When the stars go blue
When the stars go blue
Sense you baby
Blue
Sense you
Stars go blue
Sense you
When the stars go blue

I'll follow you follow you follow you
Where do you go
Where do you go, where you go, where you go

(This song, written by Ryan Adams, features Bono on co-lead vocals and can be found on the album The Corrs Live From Dublin.

Last edited:
It was recently covered by Tim McGraw and his version is everywhere. I hear it in the grocery store, on the radio, at Best Buy. It makes me shudder :crack:

Bono's American Wife said:
It was recently covered by Tim McGraw and his version is everywhere. I hear it in the grocery store, on the radio, at Best Buy. It makes me shudder :crack:

Do you shudder because precious Bono is not singing it??

What version are you hearing so much P?
I like the Bono and Corrs one the best, I never hear that one anywhere, except on my own dvd/cd.

That song is seriously stalking me. I hear the Tim McGraw version on the piped-in radio in a restaurant, I see the Ryan Adams version mentioned in a book, and then a friend of mine that doesn't even like U2 starts gushing to me about the version Bono did with The Corrs. Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this :lol:

Justin24 said:

Do you shudder because precious Bono is not singing it??

Justin, what the hell? Quit trying to start fights, jeez.

As for the topic...well...I think we all know how I feel. :wink:

Ryan...:love:

phommel said:
I know this is already a very old song.

If 2001 is considered very old then, yes it's ancient.:wink:

Ryan Adams released it in 2001.

Since then Bono and the Corrs have done it live, and Tyler Hilton and Tim McGraw have both slaughtered it...

sorry. It's just I had high hopes of going to do part of my personal photo project in Bodie again and well the weather was bad their so I could not go, and then on top of that my boss calls me on my day off to bug me about where the video server is, etc.. and I went to the doctor who said My liver levels were high and that they recommended giving me a Hep. A injection.

Re: Re: when the stars go bue

BonoVoxSupastar said:

If 2001 is considered very old then, yes it's ancient.:wink:

Haha you're right. But that song I have listeed to so many times after it came out. I was so amazed when i discovered Ryana Adams. And I also love the Corrs/Bono-version.

But I am still wondering why it is on radio so many times lately in Spain. I discovered it's also high in download-top10s in Spain.
And I am sure it has nothing to do with that American Idol. We don't see American Idol in Europe. We have our own Idols-programs (which I hate so much!)

grtz, P.

Re: Re: when the stars go bue

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Actually didn't know that. duh sometimes I just assume.
I heard Tim McGraw sing it one morning on the Today Show and thought, oh that's sweet, he's doing the Andrea/Bono song. :heart: I thought it was written by Bono for the Coors.
Even though I'm not a country music fan, TM did a good version of it that day.

I remember getting the Disney channel in the 80's just so I could record the movie with the "very clean " grandfather. For some reason they were broadcasting it.

when I was a kid we use to go th the theatre and watch it all day and then show up the next day and do it all over again. I guess you can say I've always been fan material.

Last edited:
david said:
I prefer the original.

Speaking of covers, I actually like Ryan Adams cover of Wonderwall over the original.

Totally agree with you on Ryan's cover of Wonderwall ....Saw him do it live many years ago .. solo on the piano ...it blew me away .. but as for 'Stars go Blue' ..I love Bono&Corrs version..
For all of you that never heard Ryan 's version the album is GOLD ... incredible album.:)

Back
Top Bottom