When The Stars Go Blue Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeVox

War Child
does anyone know what Ryan Adams thought of Bono and the Corrs version........I think the original is what it is (much more somber and bittersweet) while Bono's version is completely different and ends up being superior......Bonochick any thoughts?

I'll admit that I'd never heard of Ryan until I heard the cover of the song, but those Coors fans need to get a grip. Like maybe give the guy some credit for actually writing the song.

Ryan Adams can be a bit hit and miss with me. But when he hits, he REALLY hits. Anyone want to hear some real sad beautiful songs, listen to Dear Chicago, Memories of You, and La Cienga Just Smiled. (sorry I know I spelled that wrong)

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of Gold......Nobody Girl is one of my favorite songs.....great great song, I had the chance to see Ryan Adams in concert last aug in austin......he put on a great show......got trashed onstage did a cover of brown sugar and gave out his guitar at the end of his set......awesome

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
I'll admit that I'd never heard of Ryan until I heard the cover of the song, but those Coors fans need to get a grip. Like maybe give the guy some credit for actually writing the song.

those Corrs fans were just defending what they believe in.

they heard a good song by their favourite band, did not know who it was by, then found out that its by somebody they had never heard of, and obviously liked the corrs version better.

and if u read all the corrs fans comments not all of them are slagging ryan off.

I did read the comments. No, not all of them were slagging him. I shouldn't have generalized. But some of them really were. I just think they should show a little respect for the guy who wrote a song that they love, regardless of which version they like better.

i love the corrs and their version of stars go blue. i listen to the cd "corrs live in dublin" at least once a day. seriously. i cannot express how much i love this cd. i sent a copy across an ocean once so a friend of mine could learn to love it, too.

I also love when the stars go blue. I think she has a lovely voice.. and all the more lovely when pairing up with Bono :cute:

I like the original better.. I don't like the Corrs at all, so that's probably why. :p I think Bono could do a great version by himself -- it's not exactly meant for a woman to sing it, IMO.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
I did read the comments. No, not all of them were slagging him. I shouldn't have generalized. But some of them really were. I just think they should show a little respect for the guy who wrote a song that they love, regardless of which version they like better.

yeah they should have showed a little more respect. :)

bonosgirl84 said:
i love the corrs and their version of stars go blue. i listen to the cd "corrs live in dublin" at least once a day. seriously. i cannot express how much i love this cd. i sent a copy across an ocean once so a friend of mine could learn to love it, too.

cool ;) have u any of their other albums ?

Sicy said:
I also love when the stars go blue. I think she has a lovely voice.. and all the more lovely when pairing up with Bono :cute:

oh they are fab together. both their voices are so unique and lush.

I couldn't care less for the Corrs. I just find them boring and soulless. I would've liked it better if Bono had done it solo... that would've made it decent at least. They should've kept their fingers of it in the first place tho, noone can do it like Ryan can.

they're just completely different takes on the song......Bono/Corr's version is a bittersweet love song with a really uplifting ending while Ryan Adam's is more of those dark middle of the night laments that's really raw and has a very Van Morrison sound to it...

more pointless information :p

about the corrs ... they sung the song on their own live on the carson daly show :) was pretty cool, tho it did feel it was missing something, - bono ;)

i like how bono says 'staaaaas' and andrea says 'starzzzzz' lol ;)

bono= when the staaas go bluuuuu

andrea= when the starzz go blue

:rolleyes: i know ;)

Back
Top Bottom