When is Half-time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Arright, the Superbowl goes from 6-10 PM right? So does that mean Half Time is around 8? How much chance is there of variation, or is it always timed very specifically?

I'd like to hear from experienced Superbowl viewers, because I must admit I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to sports.

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I'd like to hear from experienced Superbowl viewers, because I must admit I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to sports.

well kickoff is scheduled for 6:20. the 1st half could take anywhere from an hour and a half till two hours so i would guess, if all you want is to see U2, tune in around quarter to eight but don't expect the band until maybe ten past eight.

------------------
Technology of mythic strength given surrealistic applications.

For the confused... these times are EST.
smile.gif

It's hard to say, but if kickoff is at about 6:20 ET, halftime will almost certainly begin sometime between 7:40 and 8:20. You might want to watch the game, at least the second quarter to be sure.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I'm playing it safe and just watching the game. I don't want to risk missing anything.

in the L.A. paper today it said it's at 4:40 pm pst. I would make sure to have the tv on the whole time just in case it's not exactly 4:40 pst. What time does the early show start, the big tribute thing with Mark Anthony, etc.? MTV is there and doing stuff with Carson tomorrow, so there should be some U2 on that on MTV on Sat.

Skeek,
The first half of the game is usually longer than the second half because a lot of times in the 2nd half if a team is ahead and they have control of the ball they will keep it on the ground to keep the clock rolling.

However, this IS the superbowl, so throw all that shit(e) out the window.

Just watch the game, you might like it. Hey I told you so. There, its official, Skeek will watch the game.

Well this sheds some enlightenment, but who knows how accurate it is...

from youtwo.net:
February 2, 2002
Condensed from The New York Post:

Super Bowl Halftime Show (7:50 p.m. tomorrow on Ch.
5): Irish rockers U2 perform live.

I'm still going to demand that you watch the game

------------------
U2Oklahoma&
Z
-
E
D
G
E

Ze69
gottaGO