When I turned on MTV this morning...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I'm hardly a devout watcher of MTV. 9 times out of 10 it's not even music anymore. But anyway...I sometimes tune in in the morning when I'm having my coffee, and this morning they were showing "the most expensive videos, part four" and "Elevation" was number 11. I was excited because it was one of the few that I don't have on tape. but, of course, they only showed about 2 minutes of it, the bastards!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

It was the one of the most expensive? Where did the money go, and what explains the cheesy low budget flying affects?

Lesson #1 don't trust that director with your money
eek.gif

They had all this stuff across the bottom of the screen saying how much things cost but I wasn't really paying attention because I was watching the video. But I taped it, so I'll have to get back to you.

They also talked about NYD, WTSHNN, MY, and BD, but only briefly. It kind of pissed me off how they totally skipped the really early stuff, Pop, and Zooropa, but, I guess, given the time constraints, they had to go with stuff people would recognize.

------------------

Originally posted by wertsie:
It kind of pissed me off how they totally skipped the really early stuff, Pop, and Zooropa

really early?
pop and zooropa?

They had all this stuff across the bottom of the screen saying how much things cost but I wasn't really paying attention because I was watching the video. But I taped it, so I'll have to get back to you.

I've seen some of that and I think much of it is bogus! The giraffe was fake, as was the elephant, and yet the cost of those animals is figured into the final total.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Originally posted by kobayashi:
really early?
pop and zooropa?

I wasn't saying that Pop and Zooropa were "really early"! I was saying that the skipped the band's early stuff, AND they skipped Pop and Zooropa!

------------------

I wasn't saying that Pop and Zooropa were "really early"! I was saying that the skipped the band's early stuff, AND they skipped Pop and Zooropa!

ahhh, apologies. haven't slept in awhile
biggrin.gif

I saw the Elevation video played at about 3:30 this morning on VH-1. I was surprised that they still had that and Madonna's Don't Tell Me shortly before it still in rotation.

Originally posted by ericb:
I saw the Elevation video played at about 3:30 this morning on VH-1. I was surprised that they still had that and Madonna's Don't Tell Me shortly before it still in rotation.

Vh1 actually seems to be pretty good about playing "old" videos...Better than MTV at any rate.

Hey, no problem, kobayashi. I'm a tad short on sleep myself. Damn daylight savings time!

------------------

I saw feckin' DESIRE on MTV2 today! Woo Hooo! I about fell of my loft tryin' to get down to crank the TV!
biggrin.gif

I saw "Elevation" on VH-1 this morning.

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I saw "Elevation" on VH-1 this morning.

I saw "Walk On" (the Rio version) this mornig! That made me happy to turn on the TV and see that!

------------------
Looking for the one
But you know you're
somewhere else instead..
I want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head .....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Desire?! Wow, that's awesome! We don't get MTV2 here, unfortunately....

I saw lots of U2 videos on MTV2! Even that realy rare one-"night and day". Also "Lemon"
"Numb", "a sort of homecoming" ,"two harts beat as one" and ther resent stuff aswell.
But I have the Europien MTV2 so it might say something.
Besides that most of the songs on MTV2 sucks!

------------------
"And there`s no mountain to high ,no river to wide. Sing out this song and I`ll be there by your side.Storm clouds may gather and storms may colide...
I love you untill the end of time.
Come what may! I will love you until my dying day!"

MOULIN ROUGE

[This message has been edited by MEMHPIS-EVE 007 (edited 04-10-2002).]

Maybe it's the whole "grass is greener on the other side of the fence" thing, but I get the impression MTV is SO much better in Europe. I mean, they show their music awards on MTV here, and it seems like there's better music. Or, at least, the better music is getting the attention and not so much the Britney Spears/NSYNC crap.

------------------

Maybe it's the whole "grass is greener on the other side of the fence" thing, but I get the impression MTV is SO much better in Europe. I mean, they show their music awards on MTV here, and it seems like there's better music. Or, at least, the better music is getting the attention and not so much the Britney Spears/NSYNC crap.

YOu`re wrong my friend! We have AMAZING and SO NOT SELLING OUT boy bands like: Westlife and Five (even the names are ckapy!)
smile.gif

The way I see it, U.s music is full with some sh*t but it has great bands aswell like creed and alien ant farm- LOL!!! good one!
biggrin.gif

Now seriously... We have as much crap as you do with a small group or good bands.
Did anyone say :Radiohead?!

------------------
"And there`s no mountain to high ,no river to wide. Sing out this song and I`ll be there by your side.Storm clouds may gather and storms may colide...
I love you untill the end of time.
Come what may! I will love you until my dying day!"

MOULIN ROUGE

Originally posted by SweetOnU2:
I saw "Walk On" (the Rio version) this mornig! That made me happy to turn on the TV and see that!

Agh! One of the few U2 videos I don't have and never have seen.
frown.gif
So I guess this means they've shown that on American television? I wasn't aware it had been shown in America at all..

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Back
Top Bottom