When do Canadians get the DVD?!?!#?@#?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
I have tried three different major stores in my city and only one of them had even heard of it. They said it's late- but has anyone else in my brilliant country got one yet?!?! Colour me impatient.

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

Excuse me? How is a valid question considered bitching? Go piss in someone else's cornflakes.

------------------

Originally posted by Angel:
Colour me impatient.

well first your gonna have to calm down.

after that your gonna have to wait until december 4th. this is the official release of the dvd in north america, the only reason you see people posting here about having it is because they are in the States where through a special deal best buy stores were allowed to sell it two weeks early.

we don't have best buy in canada.

so we have to wait.

future shop has it priced at $32 according to their website i believe.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

Thx kobayashi!! That's all I wanted to know.

------------------

icon13.gif
Hey Krasno the not-so-great.. you try waiting for 2 full weeks without anyway to get this amazing DVD that everyone's talking about and praising. Then complain about Canadians complaining.

icon14.gif
Hey Angel, Canadians are getting the shaft here, which stinks.. but hey what can ya do? Bitch and grip and moan.. that's what.

Hey Angel...I don't blame you for being impatient...I can't complain because this spoiled American got it the first day it came out at Best Buy...but if I could, I would get you a copy as well...but let me tell you, it will be worth the wait.

Chris

I'm from Montreal, I got mine on Friday.

Had to drive all the way to Williston Vermont to get it though. Then I had to pay canadian taxes when I got at the border. Bitch. She couldn't let me pass.

Anyways, atleast I got my U2 DVD. By the way, what's up with these damn easter eggs? Why are they so damn hard to get. What genius though of this?

For those of us Canadians who can't wait...I just found out that the Silver City movie theatre here in London Ontario is previewing the DVD on Wednesday the 28th -as per the local radio station. They have been giving out tickets.

I would suggest calling your local Famous Players or Odeon to see if your city is doing the same....

At this point I can't go, but thought I would pass this on since I have not heard anything about this until now. Hope this helps relieve the wait.

Cheers
ANI

Originally posted by ANI:
For those of us Canadians who can't wait...I just found out that the Silver City movie theatre here in London Ontario is previewing the DVD on Wednesday the 28th -as per the local radio station. They have been giving out tickets.

I would suggest calling your local Famous Players or Odeon to see if your city is doing the same....

At this point I can't go, but thought I would pass this on since I have not heard anything about this until now. Hope this helps relieve the wait.

Cheers
ANI

Wow! Really? Are they allowed to do that? A U2 concert on the big screen? That would be awesome!

ANI!! Oh my fucking good god. I didn't know that at all! That's very very cool, and I would be happy.

BUT

I am busy on the 28th and there's no possible way I can get out.

So one of the coolest things ever becomes suddenly not cool anymore.

I'm going to go cry.

Good night.

A couple people here have heard something about it being at the local IMAX but the local IMAX knows nothing of the sort. Maybe its at the theatre then... I'll have to go and see. Thx for the heads up!

------------------

I have my ticket for the IMAX premiere. It cost me 10.50. I live in Edmonton its at the silver city. Wednesday is the day they are showing it here too.

One more thing i was really pissed about the DVD. When i heard Best Buy was selling it 2 weeks early i thought future shop would since Best Buy bought them a month or so ago.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Hey!

Bought the DVD last night at the midnight opening of Virgin Megastore at Oxford St! Was given a free US tour T-shirt, Baseball Cap and a poster as part of the occasion.....

I havent seen it yet (I have yet to buy a DVD player but hopefully very soon).

But I did see an hour long preview of the DVD at the store's big massive screen (12 foot by 12 foot).....which had Elevation, Beautiful Day, Stuck In a Moment, Kite, Gone, Bad, Streets, Walk On, Desire and With or Without You (not necessarily in order). I loved the entrance of Bono via "bono-cam" for Elevation, that was real cool! It was also cool to see Gone (one of my faves) being played and seeing Edge lose his rag with his guitar!
eek.gif
woah! Loved Bad with the shots of hands (one of them holding a rose) trying to reach Bono (a director's attempt to convey the meaning of the song, I suppose). Theres With or Without You which I thought quite bizarre...but funny.....Bono brought up a girl from the audience and laid her down on the floor while he did the same beside her and sang the rest of the song! It was kinda cool to see that!

I think thats enough info for now.....as I dont want to spoil you with any more details till you have seen the DVD/video yourselves.....In any case I probably have got Angel quivering with excitement now!
biggrin.gif

cheers my dears!

dougal

Does anybody know if the IMAX in Montreal is going to show the DVD? I know you could win tickets from CKOI, but I was wondering if we could buy some??

If any one knows... post here of e-mail me: melpop@hotmail.com

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

guess what? There are some of us who aren't Canadians who also have to see everyone post about how great the DVD is and who also don't have it.
smile.gif
I'd be one of them. I'll see it eventually tho. I doubt the footage will change between now and then.

-sula

Back
Top Bottom