When did you start to like and love U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BANZAI

War Child
Just two short questions: when did you first like a U2 song and when did you became a U2 fan?

First U2 song I heard and liked: Sunday Bloody Sunday (5 years old, 1985)

Becoming a U2 fan: Achtung Baby-period (11/12 years old, 1991/1992)

First song i heard was "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for" on vh1's 100 greatest albums in 2002

became a fan ever since :)

My father had the 'Best of CD' and I was just a little girl then, and liked U2, especially WOWY...

But I became a real fan since 2000 (ATYCLB) :yes:

With or without you 1987?

Heard it on the radio and fell in love.. I was 14.

When I started to like U2: the first time I heard Pride.

When I started to love U2: June 2002, the first time I heard the Joshua Tree. :love:

Zoo Station and rest of AB, 1998.
Brother gave me the album after seeing me bust up at a particularly lame picture of Bono in a magazine.
Started to love after I kidnapped JT from him 2 hours later.

Was 12 at the time.

I've always enjoyed a U2 song whenever I heard it on the radio, but this last Christmas I decided to get in on the greatness and bought War, Joshua Tree, Unforgettable Fire, and Boy at a Best Buy. From then on I was in love.

11 yr old in 1981. Heard Electric co on my BROTHER (who doesnt like u2) tape. I was amazed by the delay at the start of that song. Been hooked since!

Last edited:
Like : Wowy january 98

Love : ATYCLB 2002 / Elevation Boston idem (Also the very 1st time I started as a Guitar Player ):wink:

Then After I discovered these 2 words : ZOOTV and Popmart , then the damage was already done :D

The first U2 song I heard was ISHFWILF on the radio in the late 80's. It blew my mind, and I bought all the tapes soon after that.

I started really loving them in 1998, after my best friend bought me the best of 1980-90 CD, since I had lost all my tapes when I moved earlier that year. The rest is history! :wink:

Electrical Storm was the first rock single to bore its way into my mind enough to get me into popular music when I was 13.

I had been a casual fan since my sister played Joshua Tree over and over and later when I heard Mysterious Ways and One, but I didn't become a fanatic until Beautiful Day came out (I was 14), then I was absolutely hooked. My parents thought it was just an obsessive phase that would pass...well, it's been 6 years.

I do hate to say it, because it makes me feel like I caught on REALLY late -- but i first became a fan when i heard the Vertigo iPOD commercial :reject:

But I'm only 17!!!!

And then I bought all the other records, and its funny because I like the older ones a lot more (October, War).

:drool:

Just in the past two years. The first album I bought was Greatest Hits 1990-2000, then Bomb, actually because of the iPod commercial and the Bono/Edge appearance at the Clinton Library dedication. Now I'm working my way backwards (and hopefully forwards.)

early 90's, around 92. i had achtung baby but it was their 80's back catalog that got me hooked. when i listened to their older material the songs resonated in me and the music moved me.

Old songs during the 80's...... My sisters were teenagers at the time.....I was too young.....
Then I heard "DESIRE" in 1989 on the radio..... the craziness started right away! Got 3 albums in 2 days......

A cousin of mine from Dublin stayed with us when i was about 5,1980. She kept going on about U2, i remember the cover of Boy very well.
After that the first U2 song I loved was Pride(1984), the first time i really was moved by them was Bad at live aid.
I becam a proper fanatic in 87-88.
The Achtung Baby-Zoo Tv was the ultimate for me. But I'm just as dedicated now.

I first beacme a fan when my college roommate played Joshua Tree in our room, and I first began to love them when I realized that I loved every album I heard by them.

first song that i heard-Sunday Bloody Sunday live at Live Aid, this was before the DVD boxset was released, back in 2001 i believe i heard it, when there was a documentary on about Live Aid, when they played songs by the big artists, like Radio Ga Ga by Queen, and Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2, i heard it, got into it,

so from then it was one song at a time, Bad,Beautiful Day etc etc, and now im up to loads of songs!

Back
Top Bottom