When did we officially begin the "Larry Hates Everyone" Era?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
Larry at one point grinned occasionally (seen on Rattle and Hum and ZooTV). When did this trend end? Do you think it was when he stopped being Irish? Was it Pop that caused it? Did he always hate us all? Is he just a bad communicator? The questions seemingly never end.

He grins in the WITS video.

I think its just that he is really trying to concentrate hard while playing. Same reason Adam Clayton just stands still while Edge and Bono are jumping all over.

If this was real and Larry was here I think he would punch you now. Anyway throughout the years I have seen him smiling a million times in pictures and videos, specially this last tour. I think he's just a more straightforward and no bullshit guy in a business filled with bullshit. I used to think Larry never smiled but that was way in the beginning for me when I still saw each member by their stereotyped personalities and didn't really know who they were better.

mandrake said:
He grins in the WITS video.

I think its just that he is really trying to concentrate hard while playing. Same reason Adam Clayton just stands still while Edge a
nd Bono are jumping all over.

Thats so true!I think Adam is nailed to the floor!I think Larry plays the drums now like its a job.

phillyfan26 said:
Larry at one point grinned occasionally (seen on Rattle and Hum and ZooTV). When did this trend end? Do you think it was when he stopped being Irish? Was it Pop that caused it? Did he always hate us all? Is he just a bad communicator? The questions seemingly never end.

I think it happend when he realised just how many years he'd been listening to Bono's bullshit. That would wipe the smile right off anyone. :wink:

u2fan628 said:

Thats so true!I think Adam is nailed to the floor!I think Larry plays the drums now like its a job.

Actually, as Bono recently noted Adam has ants in his pants. He actually used the ramp in front of the speakers than nobody else ever seemed to use (except Bono in the same song...hmmm)

Larry FTW.

u2fan628 said:

Nah...you just have to really pay attention to Adam to see him move around. Sometimes it looks like he's dancing with his bass. He bounces on his heels quite a bit. I think it's to keep time, like Edge's foot stomp thing. ;)

TheBrazilianFly said:
If this was real and Larry was here I think he would punch you now. Anyway throughout the years I have seen him smiling a million times in pictures and videos, specially this last tour. I think he's just a more straightforward and no bullshit guy in a business filled with bullshit. I used to think Larry never smiled but that was way in the beginning for me when I still saw each member by their stereotyped personalities and didn't really know who they were better.

He probably would punch me right now, but that's OK. This thread is only semi-serious, although I wanted to pinpoint exactly when Larry became so severe looking behind the drums, because in the earlier days he definitely wasn't.

You know I originally read this thread title as being about the "Everyone Hates Larry" era. And I was gonna say the reason is because Larry has no imagination :grumpy: But maybe that's just me.

I think Larry just acts that way in public. He has said that he doesn't want to be a celebrity, so I think this behavior is just a defense against people bothering him.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
You know I originally read this thread title as being about the "Everyone Hates Larry" era. And I was gonna say the reason is because Larry has no imagination :grumpy: But maybe that's just me.

I was about to post "When did we begin the Everyone hates Larry era". Post-Passengers/Pop probably.

Dude. Adam stole his Crazy Super Glue and replaced it with Elmer's. :shifty:

Heh. Larry just looks mean because that's his facial structure. Besides, he's a reserved person. Us reserveds don't always bounce around like bunnies, but that doesn't mean we hate people and are grouchy by nature.

Larry's hated everyone since they started dicking around with drum machines in Hansa studios.

Don't you know? Larry turned heel after Bono dreamt it up all over again. That was Bono's masterplan: Have Larry be the bad guy! It's worked so far.

Back
Top Bottom