Whee...yay for VH1!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonlit_Angel

Blue Crack Addict
In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de
This was a good morning for me. VH1, at 9 am, played an hour's worth of old videos, and I saw the video for "Free Fallin'" from Tom Petty, which I thought was cool and which was a nice surprise(I had no idea VH1 was gonna show these videos this morning).

So I'm thinking, okay, they played a video from Tom Petty, one of my favorite artists, wouldn't it be incredibly cool if they played a U2 video, too, then I could see a video from each of my favorite artists, and that'd be awesome. So I was hoping that VH1 would play a U2 video sometime that hour.

And they did! They played "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" later on in the hour (which is cool, 'cause that's one of my favorite U2 videos-I like the idea of them just hanging out downtown and being around their fans and everything (plus, Bono looks nice in that video))!

So needless to say, I was a pretty happy camper this morning. :yes:.

So those were a couple of nice surprises this morning for me, I just thought that was really cool, and just felt like sharing that.

Angela

They played aboot an hours worth of old U2 tunes on our Vh1 here about a month ago...i :heart: when they do that. :yes:

I LOVE Free Fallin' and Tom Petty! :happy: That's awesome!

Oh, and along these same lines...They play "When the Stars Go Blue" almost every morning (between 8 and 8:30 is when I usually see it.).

MoonlitAngel, we were watching VH1 at the same time! :)

It inspired me to dig out my tape that has the U2 VH1 Legends special on it. I watched it at work tonight.

Not on Tv but sometimes at nite on the radio on this 1 radio station that i listen to theyll play 3 U2 songs in a row! Last nite it was ISHFWLF,PRIDE AND ONE!

They should do an Ultimate Albums thing for U2. I don't know for what album though, Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby. If they did I bet it would be chock full of footage we fans have already seen. Both albums have been documented already: Achtung Baby video and the Joshua Tree dvd.

Hell, they should do a U2 Ultimate Album special for WAR!

Good idea...

david said:
They should do an Ultimate Albums thing for U2. I don't know for what album though, Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby. If they did I bet it would be chock full of footage we fans have already seen. Both albums have been documented already: Achtung Baby video and the Joshua Tree dvd.

Hell, they should do a U2 Ultimate Album special for WAR!

I bet they will sometime.

I'm glad other people saw them, too. God, you should've seen me when I saw ISHFWILF yesterday morning-I was so happy. My sister's like, "I'm not gonna hear the end of this, am I?", and I'm like, "Nope!"

VH1 should also show those Pop-Up Video U2 episodes again sometime. That'd be cool, too. That and the "Legends" show on them.

Adamswildhoney, that's cool.

That reminds me, last night I was flipping through these DMX music channels we have at my house, and on the alternative station I heard "The Refugee" off of "War", and I hadn't heard that song yet, so I was like, "Cool!". I like that song.

Wertsie, yeah, they play "When The Stars Go Blue" a lot on VH1, and they also play their videos for their songs from ATYCLB a lot, too. That's the nice thing about watching VH1, U2's bound to show up at some point and time during the day on their channel, which is good for us. :). And that's cool that you like Tom Petty and "Free Fallin'", too, wertsie. :D.

Angela

In tv related news...seeming as it's all owned by viacom anyways I figure it belongs here...MTV Uk replayed the TRL episode with the boys singing on the rooftop the other day. Which was great cause I never saw it and i got to tape the whole thing, woo hoo, sad thing is my favorite part is watching Bono trying to dance with a girl to Ricky Martin, glad the shot was only from the shoulder up cause it seemed like they were getting their foots tangled. :lol:

Oh and VH1 should have a U2 "Fanatic" show so we can all be on it :tongue:

Re: Re: Hahahahaha....

Achtung Bubba said:

Didn't Edge wear a shirt during POPMart that said, "Mr. The Edge"?

:yes: And there's a magazine cover (a guitar mag...forget which one) where he's wearing it as well...

te23.jpg

Back
Top Bottom