Whats youre favorite rare U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wild honey 7 said:
I also like "Put 'em under pressure", written by Larry for the Irish soccer team.

I've heard of this, but I have never actually heard it. Can I assume that it is just an instrumental track? And does anybody know if its on something, somewhere?

I'm going with Lady with the Spinning head and The Three Sunrises, oh and also the instrumental Boomerang......

Now I have to say that a lot of these songs I have never heard, like North and South of the river etc...... should I spend some time trying to download them off a the net?????:huh:

Thanks Wild Honey! I've gotten a lot of U2 stuff on ebay. Might have to check it out.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic If you could do that fore us. So thene some of us who never have heard the music could hear theme WOW.

eriekittym

I just downloaded Summer Wine from (u2star.com/video) not sure this belongs with the "rare" songs... but isn't his voice there incredibly sexy?

That Andrea Corr needs to go away though!! :|

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
OK, here's a couple I'd consider not-so-popular. I'll change them in a few days or so. Let me know what else you want in there.

http://www.calvin.edu/~lar3/mp3s/

God - "Dreaming with tears in my eyes" and "Can't help...", but especially "Dreaming...", is just a really beautiful songs :sad: and Bonos voice :faint:

I've heard "North and south..." before (It's on my "Best of 1990-2000"), but not the Omagh-version - a very beautiful version of that great song! :yes:

Of all the songs mentioned in this thread, these are the once I've never heard - I know you can't upload all of them, but if you could upload just a few I'd be very happy :bow: :hug: :

Spanish Eyes
Luminous Times
Wild Irish rose
Be there
Where did it all go wrong
Alone in the night
Bass trap
Endless deep
Jack in the box
Babyface
Sweet baby Jane
Life on a distant planet (Could someone have called this "Life on a silent planet" too?! :confused: because then I think I've heard it...)
Radar love (Live cover)
My sweet lord (Live cover)
October - the remix
Hallelujah here she comes
Everlasting love (Cover)
Love comes tumbling
Slug
Jesus Christ
Unchained melody (Cover - I've got this as a live version, but does it excist in a studio version?! :confused: )
Sweetest thing - the original version
Slow dancing
Mystery girl
Don't take your guns to town (Cover)
Put 'em under pressure
In the name of the father (Gavin?!)
Billy Boola (Gavin?!)
A room at the heartbreak hotel
The T(h?)ree sunrises
Boomerang (Inst.)
I'm not your baby

I've also read about a JT outtake called "My time hasn't come" - Anybody heard that?! Is it good?!

having virtually every single song U2 have recorded (only known of U2 for 4 years though, im 17), my favorite rarities will have to be:

Father is an Elephant (great live song)
Slide away (with Michael Hutchence, awsome song)
Deep in the Heart (Beautiful song)
Boomerang
Be there (beautiful song, can't believe they didn't make anything out of it)
Race against Time (very nice instumental)
Moving Out
Where did it all go Wrong
Holy Joe
Fortunate Son
Jack in the Box (anyone got a studio version of this?????? VERY much appreciated if it exists)
Falling at your feet
Im not your baby
Life on a distant planet (this song just rocks)
My time hasn't come (excellent song, acoustic version)
Sixty seconds in kingdom come
The fool (one of the best rarities)

If anyone wants any of these songs, are any U2 song they can think of, message me as there is a 99% chance I have it.
And if anyone has a studio version of Father is an Elephant or Jack in the Box, that would be really sweet :)

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
OK, I can only do a few at a time b/c of limited space, but I'll put new ones up later

:hug: You're the best Livluv :bow:

Looking forward to the new songs :hyper:

AussieU2fanman said:
If anyone wants any of these songs, are any U2 song they can think of, message me as there is a 99% chance I have it.
And if anyone has a studio version of Father is an Elephant or Jack in the Box, that would be really sweet :)

Oh, I would love all the songs you've listed :hyper: - I've got a live version of "Life on a distant planet" (is it "distant" or "silent" in the title - I've seen both?!) but I'd love a better version of it...

Have you got the JT outtake called "My time hasn't come"? Or any other JT-outtakes?!

Thank you so much for helping :bow: :hug: This is just great! :D

There was a song on the Jesus Christc.d., I think was called"Tray" that someone here said once when U2 wrote a song for him. I could have some information wrong.

FlyingKite said:
I just downloaded Summer Wine from (u2star.com/video) not sure this belongs with the "rare" songs... but isn't his voice there incredibly sexy?

:yes: Yes, it sure is! It's actually one of my fav Bono-non-U2 songs...

FlyingKite said:
That Andrea Corr needs to go away though!! :|

:no: Oh, please don't say that - I think she's got a fantastic voice and of all the female singers in this world that Bono could choose to duet with, she's absolutely one of the best (if not the best)!

Hmmmm, I haven't heard too many rareties, but I'd have to say Spanish Eyes, Summer Rain, Three Sunrises, and Love Comes Tumbling. I've got the ones where Larry is singing ( I know those don't really count ), and they are hilarryous! :lol:

ex equo for "Tomorrow" -- can I consider it a rarity? -- & "Your blue room" *-* Absolutely fantastic songs!

Thet're both special to me -- also because they're connected to some important event that happened to me.

Imagine to have your boy, who's a good singer, singing "YBR" just for you... I can assure ya, it's great!

As FlyingKite said, there are too many :p ... Lady with the Spinning Head, Baby Jane, North and South of the River, Hallelujah Here She Comes, Everlasting Love, Walk to the Water, A Room at the Hearbreak Hotel, Your Blue Room, Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad, Wild Irish Rose, ...

If I had to pick just one, it would have to be Slowdancing, which has been one of my favorite "rare U2 songs", since the release of the Stay single. Plus, I was lucky enough to hear the band perform it in Oakland, CA on November 16, 2001. An "extraordinary" moment! :bono:

With a vocal, I'd have to say Three Sunrises is a fav rare tune; instrumental's got to be Bass Trap.

And not sure if it fits the category ('cuz it's on R&H), but if "rare" can be described as never having been aired on any radio station I've ever listened to, then Hawkmoon 269 is another rare fave.

:)lol: friend of a friend wanted a burned copy of that "Honeymoon I-69" song one time. Took me about 5 minutes to stop laughing & tell him the ACTUAL song title & album where it could be found!)

"Boomerang II" :heart:

I also am a fan of "Trevor" Mostly because that happens to also be my name :wink:

Opps... I just realised I brought up an old thread from three days ago. Sorry *cough*

Last edited:
Mrs. Springsteen: Actually uou have heard it before. :happy: "Trevor" was later renamed "Touch." I still think Trevor was a better name ;)

Cleasai said:
Mrs. Springsteen: Actually uou have heard it before. :happy: "Trevor" was later renamed "Touch." I still think Trevor was a better name ;)

The story of changing names drives me crazy!

As for Lost on a silent planet, which is also known as the magic carpet!!

I exchange a cd with rarities with a friend and a couple of songs were the same because of the changing of names

Other wonderful rarities:
Bono singing "Ave Maria" :)sad: ) @ Pavarotti & Friends '03

A celebration (
:drool: I like the part he goes "Shake, shake!")

AussieU2fanman said:
having virtually every single song U2 have recorded (only known of U2 for 4 years though, im 17), my favorite rarities will have to be:

Father is an Elephant (great live song)
My time hasn't come (excellent song, acoustic version)

Very impressive AussieU2fanman! These 2 are the only ones I've never heard of.

I do have a version of Jack in the Box, and I'll check when I'm home which one I have.

You guys, I have craploads of webspace and bandwidth now, since I moved U2TMH to a new server but still have the old one paid until the end of the year. So I can definitely upload songs for you!!! I'll start doing a few tonight when I get home. Any particular ones?? I know livluv did some but I'm not sure which ones she was able to put up besides American Prayer?

Anyway, lemme know. :wave: u can always email me oliveu2cm at yahoo.com ....

Back
Top Bottom