What's your Saturday Morning U2 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pop Pius V

The Fly
Saturday morning all over the world!!!!!!!

If the sun is shining on a Saturday morning, it's really hard not to reach for "A sort of homecoming" off Wide Awake in america!

That gets me so pumped for the weekend!

runners up:

Angel of Harlem
I Will follow (any version)
Who's gonna ride your wild horses

Last edited:
Zoo Station has been my favorite song for the last weeks...

I wonder which will be the next. :wink:

Saturday Morning... today it would be "Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday, Saturday's Alright"

(Some Days Are Better Than Others)

and definitely not "Monday and Tuesday, Thursday and Fri-hee-day, Satellite of Love"

Okay, but for real, Some Days is a good one, but its vibrance and that crazy buzzsaw solo in the middle makes it more of a nighttime song, so I would have to go with

DO YOU FEEL LOVED

That's the sound of me pulling onto the street on a hot day with no AC in my car and still having a hell of a good time.

Clawgrabber said:
Saturday Morning... today it would be "Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday, Saturday's Alright"

(Some Days Are Better Than Others)

WTF

that's Daddy's Gonna Pay

Scorpionac said:

WTF

that's Daddy's Gonna Pay

heh heh... good call Scorpionac... my mistake. That just proves how amazing ZOOROPA is as an album, and how well the album flows as a whole. Those two songs in particular.

(runs off to listen to Zooropa)

You would see me confusing lyrics from Kite with Lyrics from In A Little While, that's for sure.

I guess now my Saturday Morning U2 is the entire Zooropa album.:drool: :drool: :drool:

Now that I think about it, there is a lot of talk on that album about "days"

those lyrics from DGPFYCC, the entirety of SDABTO, the song Diry Day (those days days days run away like horses over the hills)

Pop may get a lot of bashing unfairly, but it is entirely possible that Zooropa is their most underrated album. I can see them recording another album like POP again. But there is no way they will ever put out another album as European and Futuristic and Bizarre as Zooropa.

It stands alone in a strange otherwordly realm of U2's career. (Bono's voice on Stay=:drool: :drool: :drool: )

Like a board game I propose that Clawgrabber must skip his next turn for forgetting what lyrics go to what songs.

So since this isn't a game, life is not a game at all, it's actually really serious, I suggest that, and we'd have to do this on the honor system, that clawgrabber must pretend like nothing is different, just go along normally as he/she would on the board and when the desire to post strikes him/her, him/her can only post ^*^.

Then, justice having been served, normal posting priviliges will be restored.

did i misspell privileges?

flameandthefire said:
Where The Streets Have No Name. THAT is the song for sunny summer days, for these moments when there is a new day dawning.

My summer U2 song is Do You Feel Loved. :cute: (it would be Staring At The Sun, but I don't really think the album version is as good as DYFL)

Clawgrabber said:
Hells yeah, LemonMelon.... that is what I am talking about.

Do You Feel Loved is the most Summery of all U2 songs. Hands down.

High Five.

:hi5: Pop itself is so summery. :cute: Discotheque, DYFL, Staring, Miami, Velvet Dress...

It's too bad I've totally burned myself out on it in the past few weeks, and it's not even summer yet. :lol:

I don't know if they're usual normal saturday morning sounding songs but this morning for me was
xanax and wine
mercy
salome
two shots of happy, one shot of sad, definitely not a saturday morning song

craigp said:
zootv dvd always seems to be played on a saturday morning, dunno why

i second that !!!!!!
very energetic and gets my housework done. when i can tear myself away from it ...:drool: :wink:

considering its very late sunday arvo here and i have a hangover to outlast religion, whats a good song for that??
slips zooropa into the drive...

ps- i like zoo station really loud on the way to work on a monday morning ...

Back
Top Bottom