What's Your Favorite U2 Cover?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What's Your Favorite U2 Related Cover?

• Boy

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • October

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • War

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Under A Blood Red Sky

• The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Wide Awake In America

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Rattle And Hum

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Passengers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pop

• Best of 1980-1990

• The Million Dollar Hotel

• All That You Can't Leave Behind

• Best of 1990-2000

• Other...

• Total voters

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
PP0247.jpg

B00006OYLF.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Ok so which one's your favorite?
Boy?
October?
War?
Under A Blood Red Sky?
The Unforgettable Fire?
Wide Awake In America?
The Joshua Tree?
Rattle And Hum?
Achtung Baby?
Zooropa?
Pop?
Best of 1980-1990?
All That You Can't Leave Behind?
Best of 1990-2000?

Passengers doesn't count... but oh what the hey, I'll let ya vote for that one too. And why not throw Hotel in there for shits and giggles.

ATYCLB.

I like the black and white airport theme (the guys are posing, but they're not, know what I mean?) and the hidden Bible reference (J3-33 or whatever).

albums.jpg

i voted for under a blood red sky, it was the first U2 album i purchased. i think the cover was what got me to buy it.

i used to think the joshua tree was the worst album cover ever, that was until i saw the actual vinyl cover. damn squished cd cover!

it's not fair that the JT CD has that horrible squished photo of the band :huh:

October. (Bono said he hated that cover - that's a good reason for me to love it :D)

I went with Boy- I really like all of the covers that feature Peter Rowan and I was really hoping that they were going to keep that theme going with the new Best Off- although I do like the cover that they went with, however I think that there will be a lot of people that wont get it as the One film clip that is most commonly known is the one with Bono in the bar, so I guess unless you are a big fan, most people may not get the buffalo connection, but anyway with the Boy cover ( the one with Peter on it, no the other one) I like the fact that the boys took a rick with their debut not to put themselves on the cover- which is a very rare thing for a debut- most bands or artists make a cover for a debut that clearly displays the artist/s and I also like the simplicity of the shot too and the whole 'boy' mettaphor, but in all honesty I think that U2 have been very consistent with their covers, nearly all of them are superb, except for October- with that one it looks as if the art department wern't available for that album cover and I must say that I don't really like the ATYCLB one either as it looks very 'scripted and staged' the whole luggage and airport, whilst I know that it was an intentional theme, for me it just dosnt work, well it dosnt work as well as the themes of like say 'Pop' for example.......anyway Boy gets my vote:)

OzAurora said:
I went with Boy- I really like all of the covers that feature Peter Rowan and I was really hoping that they were going to keep that theme going with the new Best Off- although I do like the cover that they went with, however I think that there will be a lot of people that wont get it as the One film clip that is most commonly known is the one with Bono in the bar, so I guess unless you are a big fan, most people may not get the buffalo connection, but anyway with the Boy cover ( the one with Peter on it, no the other one) I like the fact that the boys took a rick with their debut not to put themselves on the cover- which is a very rare thing for a debut- most bands or artists make a cover for a debut that clearly displays the artist/s and I also like the simplicity of the shot too and the whole 'boy' mettaphor, but in all honesty I think that U2 have been very consistent with their covers, nearly all of them are superb, except for October- with that one it looks as if the art department wern't available for that album cover and I must say that I don't really like the ATYCLB one either as it looks very 'scripted and staged' the whole luggage and airport, whilst I know that it was an intentional theme, for me it just dosnt work, well it dosnt work as well as the themes of like say 'Pop' for example.......anyway Boy gets my vote:)

Here, sweetie; I'm giving you some periods. You seem to have run out of them.

my vote went to Achtung Baby

followed closely by War, ATYCLB, TUF, Zoo..

I think nearly all the covers are perfect for the album they represent. Like everything else about U2, I love the covers. :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom