What's your all time fav. song intro?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merc

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I was just listning to the New Years concert from The Point, when I came to think of this...

What's your favourite song intro or speach before or during a song?! :D

I've got two right now - The one that made me think of this kind of thread:

"...So how are you out there? You're OK? Since it's new years day you probably expect me to get all semtimental, yeah?! Well, you're exactly right! It's our future! The only limits are the limits of our imagination! Dream up the kinda world you wanna live in! Dream out loud at high volume! Thats what we do for a living - lucky bastards!" :D:up:
Bono, 31st dec. '89, The Point

And the Martin Luther King speach from Pride during ZooTV:

"...Let the King sing across the border: Like anybody I would like to live a long life, durability has its place. But I am not concerned about that now. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we as a people will get to the promised land. AMEN!" :bow:
Bono, 28th aug '93

Any introduction to Bad when Bono talks about his friend who overdosed on his birthday.
"Is this rock and roll? How the fuck would I know?!" (Until the End of the World to New Year's Day, Wembley Stadium, August 11th 1993).
I have to recollect more... I know there are some really good ones.

I loved the intro for "Out of Control" for Slane. Bono talking like he was 18 years old, and just to bring it back into the setlist, priceless.

"We're a group from the north side of Dublin, we're called u2 and this is our first single. We hope you like it...."

I remember that because of Bono saying this, some writers that were attending the third leg here in the States wrote in their articles that "u2 played their new single: sounds like their old stuff". Clueless :no:

My favourite would have to be when Bono quotes William Wordsworth (see my signature) at the beginning of Streets on 26 December 1989, Dublin.

Lakeland, Fla first night of ZooTv.

"Wheyy heyy oohhh I could have lost you"
"Noone said, I could have lost you"
"Slipping thru the cracks, slipping thru the cracks"

or however it goes, you get the idea.

Also, I cant remember exactly what he says without watching it again, but on the Popmart video for the intro to Streets...something like.."What can I give back to God"...etc etc.
Im sure someone can remind exactly what he says. I aint watched the video for months now..:wink:

Popmart Mexico intro to I still haven't found what I'm looking for:

"Muchos, muchos
Muchos gracias

Thank you
We thank you for coming out
Thank you for bringing us to mexico city

Thank you for giving us a great life
Thank you for building this... whatever this is
Wow, thanks for sticking with us
I know that it gets a bit tricky
Uh... 'cause we're restless
We're restless folks, aren't we The Edge
Looking for new sounds, new feelings, new colours, you know

If we... If it keeps us interested
Then its not going to be bullshit for you
What's spanish for bullshit?

Dream out loud, amen brother
We nearly lost a brother last night, uh
Some G-Man... another wondering, spirit"

Aardvark747 said:
Also, I cant remember exactly what he says without watching it again, but on the Popmart video for the intro to Streets...something like.."What can I give back to God"...etc etc.
Im sure someone can remind exactly what he says. I aint watched the video for months now..:wink:

It's one of the Psalms, and it's actually on the Elevation tour DVDs.

"What can I give back to God for the blessings he poured out on me? "

and I know there's something about "lift high the cup of salvation" in there too. Don't know it exactly.

Personally, I'd have to say the brief mention of Michael Hutchence before "One" is just brutal to watch on PopMart Mexico. Coupled with the "Never Tear Us Apart" snippet in ISHFWILF... :sad:

What can I give back to God
For the blessings he poured out on me

I'll lift high the cup of salvation
That is a toast to God
For to fufill the promise I made to Him
From the heart

The_Edge89 said:

I'll lift high the cup of salvation
That is a toast to God
For to fufill the promise I made to Him
From the heart

my second favourite :)

Axver said:
My favourite would have to be when Bono quotes William Wordsworth (see my signature) at the beginning of Streets on 26 December 1989, Dublin.

:yes::up:

Head two more good ones today...
The intro to "Love resuce me" about Samuel Beckett and a quite funny intro to "40" - I'll post them later when I get home...

Back
Top Bottom