What's wrong with October???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lot of the songs off October became much better live, probably because the guys had time to work on them further. Threw a brick, rejoice and i fall down are pretty awesome on the october tour boots. I wish they would still play them occasionally.

Pero said:
c'mon people, it's piece of shit

Yeah, I mean, that latest Britney Spears album is such quality, it pisses all over October!

Come on. What do you have against October?

atheist and october lover singing in, still it *is* their weakest album...Gloria, Fire, October, those alone make it worth you while, and yes I do understand Latin.

After viewing the should Zooropa have been merged with another album thread (or should R&H have been made together with JT) I can only say this, a second album is for most proper bands a royal pain, very few get it right.

You have 18years to make your first, becomes a hit, how do you follow that? By making a pt II (of leftovers?), by experimenting (alienating your newfound succes, YOU got a record deal!), by reinventing yourself, barely old enough to have invented anything? In that light October is a pretty decent sophomore effort.

Nothing wrong with october, unlike it's successor.

Gloria and Is That All? deserve classic status.

I'm also an atheist, but I really love this album.......the music is fantastic enough, and I always love the spiritual longing in Bono's lyrics, even if I don't necessarily believe in what he does.

It's piece of shit compared to other u2 albums. I tought that you're not talking about other "artists" on u2 forum. What is so great about it, Edge has three notes that are throughout whole album and Bono tried to look smart by fastly(after losing original lyrics) putting some latin shit. Yes, i have latin in high school but i don't have any reason or motivation to try and un derstand that shit. Best song is Scarlet which has lyrics: Rejoice, Rejoice. end of song.
Only thing good about it is Larry in Brick out of window(i don't know for sure, but there is one song which has his intro on drums, i think it's brick)
So SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!
All you u2asslickers who like October can kiss my ass!!!
Pop, for example is much better album. I made a period here because i don't want to put October with it in the same sentence!!
You all say that you don't like pop and that it sucks: SHUT UP!!!!
October is a one big big big piece of shit. So, you should listen to those two albums and you'll see:
Larry-much better on Pop
Adam-best bass lines in u2 history
Edge-experimenting and succeding, great tunes
Bono-i'll qoute Mofo and Gloria:
Mofo-"Looking for the baby Jesus under the trash"
Gloria-"Gloria,(latin shit put in it)"
Now think about those two and say that Pop IS SUPERIOR

Pero said:
. So, you should listen to those two albums and you'll see:

How the fuck did Pop work its way into this thread too :confused: No, I disagree, while it's not a favorite, I find October very easy going listening while I find most of Pop unlistenable noise.

I don't like any thing about Brick Through a Window exept for the AWESOMe drum intro, which I hear in my head 24/7. Dum-a-dum-a dum-a-dum-a da bom bom da bom TSH Dum-a-dum-a dum-a-dum-a da bom bom da bom TSH CSH TSH DSH BWAAAAAAAAW... rest of the song is trash.

October the album is very good with exception to most of Brick and all of Stranger.

Pero said:

It's piece of shit compared to other u2 albums. I tought that you're not talking about other "artists" on u2 forum. What is so great about it, Edge has three notes that are throughout whole album and Bono tried to look smart by fastly(after losing original lyrics) putting some latin shit. Yes, i have latin in high school but i don't have any reason or motivation to try and un derstand that shit. Best song is Scarlet which has lyrics: Rejoice, Rejoice. end of song.
Only thing good about it is Larry in Brick out of window(i don't know for sure, but there is one song which has his intro on drums, i think it's brick)
So SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!
Pop, for example is much better album. I made a period here because i don't want to put October with it in the same sentence!!
October is a one big big big piece of shit. So, you should listen to those two albums and you'll see:
Larry-much better on Pop

This is really uncalled for. Talking to other members like this, name calling, and screaming at others to "SHUT UP!!!!" is not welcome here. Please keep it civil and respect other's opinions.

Wow, Pero. I must commend you on totally making an ass of yourself and losing any credibility in your argument, that is to say if you ever had any.

I simply cannot understand how so many people here think yelling at others and insulting them is supposed to change their opinion? Maybe I'm missing something?

Oh wait, no I'm not.:eyebrow:

I don't understand why people don't like October. When I first bought the album, I mentally prepared myself for the worst, judging by what fans have been saying on the Internet for years.

I was flabbergasted. October is, by no means, a crap album. It's fantastic! I think, as a whole, it's better than other U2 albums such as Rattle & Hum and Boy. What's not to like about it? The songs are catchy. Larry positively SHINES on it. The Edge does some great work on the guitar, and some even better piano work. Adam is solid as always. Bono wailed a bit too much on it, but he was a bit "wailey" (for lack of a better word) back then anyway.

For me, October's ranked #5, after Achtung Baby, The Joshua Tree, HTDAAB, and The Unforgettable Fire.

It's not a "bad" album - God knows that's a relative term better applied to some of the bottom feeders out on radio today. It's just that when it comes to the U2 catalogue, say I put October in my CD player, and it plays from beginning to end - I don't feel compelled to hit play again once it's done, so it goes back on the shelf, for a long time. I'm not saying it's the only U2 album I react this way to (God only knows when I played ATYCLB all the way through, much less twice in a row), just that I don't have any emotional connection to it.

Pero said:
So SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry-much better on Pop

Biggest pile of crap I've read in ages...! Way to make yourself look like a complete and utter ass...! Musically, October actually wipes the floor with Pop and I really couldn't care less what you think...let alone what you think of my opinion...and despite me saying it once on a totally different matter...calling people Arse-lickers in a vain attempt to bolster your argument really does you no favours...!

Let's review your list...

Larry- Replaced by a sodding drum machine half the time, and hardly John Bonham worthy drumming when he IS there...!

Adam- Mofo...that's about it.

Edge- Yes, experimenting...but what the hell were they doing on October? Conveyor-belt-efficient pop ditties?! No.

Bono- You could at least say how his SINGING is instead of moaning about the lyrics...had he not had his lyrics stolen and a deadline to work against maybe it [October] would have been better...

Overall- Pop was just half-baked...half the stuff that should be there wasn't...it [miraculously] sounds under-produced and OVER-produced all in one and the live versions of nearly all the tracks lay waste to the original LP any day of the week. October had a fantastic, darker sound, just building on Boy, [have you heard that one? Any comments on that? If so, you can blow them out your nose, that and 'October' are two of U2's greatest albums.] and really is quite daring whereas Pop fell flat on it's face in a whitewash of half-finished tracks, pretty dire machine beats and loops, and just a LAZY SOUND...!

sorry, people, just read a thread in which everybody said that they hate pop and i had to throw everything out of myself.

Yes, well, October is better than Pop. I'd listen to it over Pop any day because it has more heart and less strange ambient drum pops.

Pero said:
sorry, people, just read a thread in which everybody said that they hate pop and i had to throw everything out of myself.

lol. Thats okay. Perhaps next time you can make your Pop comments in the Pop thread? :hug:

PS Pop, October and Achtung Baby are my three favs.

Back
Top Bottom