WHAT'S THIS SH*T ABOUT a.t.y.c.l.b. BEING A COMEBACK ALBUM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wertsie, it doesn't bother me that some people like Pop. What bothers me is that no one can like it here without dissing people for not liking it, and yes, they do strike first with those comments before anyone gets mad. I've been doing this for a year and a half now, and I have seen it so much. It does appear that some people start these "Pop appreciation threads' as a way to trash those who didn't like it, (and I appreciate SO much that you are not like that!!) and they always get a chip on their shoulder and are like, oh this is so great, WHY was it so dissed? Which always leads to the bashing of the fans (not true fans of course:rolleyes: ) who didn't like it, which leads to all the same old remarks that make people mad so they comment, then people who don't like it get blamed for being negative in a Pop appreciation thread, which would not happen if some people would not make the remarks that they do in the first place!! ARGH!! I still cannot understand the high amount of this type of thread. In some way or another, it HAS to be brought up several times a week, and it always turns out the same way. Couldn't we please have one week where no one says any of this stuff??!!

GypsyHeartgirl said:
Couldn't we please have one week where no one says any of this stuff??!!

:happy: I would LOVE that, as I'm sure everybody else would too! There are a few things I think we all have to do to make that work though:

1. Even if you (in the general sense) think someone is posting just to piss you off, turn the other cheek.
2. If someone starts a pro-Pop thread with the intent to piss people off, ignore that. Just treat it like a pro-pop thread...i.e. people who like POP will say why they like it and whatnot.
3. Bottom line: If you enjoy a thread topic, post away...If you don't, move on to the next thread.

:scratch: I THINK that's all I was gonna say! :hug:

actually, you can go on pretending to be civilized in this little community, but i will happily post how i feel whenever i feel like it in the style i chose.

it comes with being cool.

wertsie said:

1. Even if you (in the general sense) think someone is posting just to piss you off, turn the other cheek.
2. If someone starts a pro-Pop thread with the intent to piss people off, ignore that. Just treat it like a pro-pop thread...i.e. people who like POP will say why they like it and whatnot.
3. Bottom line: If you enjoy a thread topic, post away...If you don't, move on to the next thread.

:scratch: I THINK that's all I was gonna say! :hug:

Yep yep...that sums most of it up...

Everyone needs to just relax and chill...especially over POP...there are plenty of people who like/love the album, just as there are plenty for which the album was not their taste or style...simple as that.

Funny, though...I don't think we would be having this same argument if this were an R&H appreciation thread for some reason....
:shrug:

GypsyHeartgirl said:

Yes. :up:

There is an excellent piece on U2 'coming back' with ATYCLB in LIFE'S 50 Years of Rock and Roll Book. If anyone has it please post it.

One more thing- some of you have contridicted yourselves and your main points here. You always claim that the 'media' hurt Pop and PopMart, now you're saying the media bashing didn't start until after it was over??!! Gee, that must mean it was the FANS who rejected it of their own free will, just as I've been saying all along! :yes:

I do agree with your points here. While I personally have shifted to the POP-side of the equation, I shifted on my own free will and my own discovery of the album's inner hidden beauty. However, I know it is a FACT that POP was not a commercial failure because of media. It's the fans free will. They just didn't buy POP. It's that simple isn't it? I mean you don't need to be a genius ...hey even a retard would get it ....little sales=few buyers. So few bought POP its that simple.

So my unlike other POP fans here, I guess my views are a bit different. I just like the album period. I don't blame anyone for it selling poorly, and I know I belong to a really really small minority of people who bought the album (6 million to be exact). But I don't care if I belong to the minority, what matters is I like it.

By the way, I mean minority everywhere else but this forum. In this forum they are a majority.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Stories for Boys said:

here's another thing: what i'm sick of, as a pop lover, is statements like this one and "worship and drool over pop". if you don't want us to say inconsiderate things...perhaps you should also be a bit more careful. i mean, i would never insult another u2 fan just because they don't like a song i do or an album i do...but it does tend to go both ways. we aren't neanderthals either, ok?

Ok, so that was a bit uncalled for. I wasn't meaning to cause any particular offence, I was just a bit annoyed. Truce!

I have to say, I still don't know why Pop causes such intensely polarized feelings. I mean, I understand people liking it, and people disliking it, but the strength of emotion it arouses reminds me of the way that wars of religion begin. :huh:

Um i just wanted to say i don't see why any kind of art (music specifically) is something that people should "get".

Either you like it or not.

jick said:
While I personally have shifted to the POP-side of the equation, I shifted on my own free will and my own discovery of the album's inner hidden beauty.
naah, i think it's because your atyclb yahoo address was full, so you had to switch back to your pop one! :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom