What's the most surprising sound you ever heard on U2 albums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KhanadaRhodes said:

wow, what version of zooropa do you have? :wink:

:lmao:

I am deadset, a dickhead...

Zooropa***...I have been miss-typing so much lately...the shame!! I was tryng to decide which was more exciting, AB or this...and of course mixed em up...

:lol:

:reject:

For me, the beginning of "Zoo station", but i also remember the first time that i heard " The fly".... I could not believe that was a U2 song!!!

One other thing that shocked me was the start of HMTMKMKM. Every time I hear the start of that and the drums come in, I look around to see what's caused the noise. Once I thought I heard gunfire ...

Also, the UTEOTW starting guitar effect - or is it Bono's howling only distorted? - is interesting every time.

When I first heard parts of Elevation! I was so terribly excited! The Woohoo's and the guitar!

The first version of Electrical Storm that I was released to the net! The Bass Guitar sounded so raw and loud!!!

The back bass beat during parts of Mysterious Ways. Makes the doors in my car vibrate something beautiful!!:drool:

~*Buffalo*~ said:
Letting my Best of 1980-1990 keep playing after the end of AIWIY and hearing October for the first time ... bliss!

*Nods*

I was listening to that CD earlier this morning, and even though I've heard that song come up at the end a zillion times already and even though I knew it was coming, when the first notes of "October" came on, it still startled me.

Also, this morning, I was really noticing how pretty that music at the beginning of "Electrical Storm" (not the B-side version, the other one) is.

Angela

the noise at the end of zooropa...yeah it scared the daylights out of me too...

the most pleasant surprise was almost all from zooropa. in the title track the "what do you want" chants, and in "Babyface" the sweet little intro was great.

exit seems almost too hard to be u2 at certain points, i thought that was dramatically different from the rest of JT.

i agree with zoo station, the beeps on the wanderer, intro to gone and how about the end of UTEOTW live, like say at notre dame 2001? with bono kicking the guitar, very cool.

p.s. - zoo station is u2's best opener PERIOD.

can we count intro's, because the intro's to zoo station throughout the tour, who'd a thunk hearing george bush do the queen rap?

The opening of With or Without You still manages to catch me and- lol, maybe I've been looking at too many juicy Bono pics in PLEBA (nah, impossible) but those amazingly erotic sounds Bono makes during Staring At The Sun are like liquid audio sex :drool: oops, I said that out loud didn't I?

Most surprising has got to be the annoying bit at the end of Zooropa CD but the most beautiful instrumental bit goes to the start of the Streets ( Can never get tired of it)..... And finally Vocally R&H With Or Without You takes first prize!!

Back
Top Bottom