What's the most surefire way of getting GA on the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I just got Pearl Jam tickets today and even though I was there right when the "online sale to general public" started, I couldn't get anything lower than a 200 level seat. Then I heard that fan club pre-sale pretty much reserved the whole floor. So I guess there is no way to get GA without being a fan club member? The problem is I have no interest in throwing away $45 to U2.com and recieve a live cd of a concert that I already have the dvd for! Is that what you guys do to get into GA?

The GA's in the US were actually $50-60.

The only other alternative other than scalpers will be something like ETS/Ovation which sold the Ga packages for like $135.

Sicy said:

Sure... if you don't mind paying $1500 a ticket! :|

What a sad state of affairs with concert tickets these days. People who buy tickets just to make business on ebay should put be put in prison! Seriously... it should be made against the law.

I got a face value GA ticket from someone on Craigslist, bought another at face value on eBay,and bought another at face value from a fan.

:shrug:

corianderstem said:
I got a face value GA ticket from someone on Craigslist, bought another at face value on eBay,and bought another at face value from a fan.

:shrug:

How the heck did you get a GA ticket at face value on ebay??? :shocked: We're still talking about U2, right? :wink:

Are women luckier at this? lol.

discothequeLP said:
$250, unfortunately.

And ebay and ETS when they were still in business.

I dread when an artist I like has concert tickets go on sale, not to mention the 25% "convenience charge" :angry:

It'll be a bloodbath :|

BTW, hubby just bought tickets for an upcoming show. The tickets themselves were $40. The service fee PER ticket = $11.15. WTF??? Why can't anything be done about this? :mad:

Lila64 said:

BTW, hubby just bought tickets for an upcoming show. The tickets themselves were $40. The service fee PER ticket = $11.15. WTF??? Why can't anything be done about this? :mad:

Seriously! I feel your pain, Lila! Maybe we as fans should do something about this. I don't know... online petitions? Boycotting of certain shows??? We need ideas, people! :scream: :wink:

last tour i bought GA for shows that i didn't want to attend and then traded them for face value. I did loads of shows and got GA for all. I only paid above face value for one show, but these were stadiums.

Don't panic, often tickets drop on the days leading up to the show. They try and beat touts by using this method...

Zootlesque said:

Seriously! I feel your pain, Lila! Maybe we as fans should do something about this. I don't know... online petitions? Boycotting of certain shows??? We need ideas, people! :scream: :wink:

Contact your local politician? :shrug:

chrissybaby said:
Don't panic, often tickets drop on the days leading up to the show. They try and beat touts by using this method...

Yeah but don't we have to keep checking ticketmaster everyday or even every hour :crack: to avail of those ticket drops?? They don't send email reminders or alerts for last minute ticket drops, do they?

Zootlesque said:

Yeah but don't we have to keep checking ticketmaster everyday or even every hour :crack: to avail of those ticket drops?? They don't send email reminders or alerts for last minute ticket drops, do they?

nope, you have to have a credit card with you at all times, a good internet connection, and a job where you can keep checking the web!

chrissybaby said:
nope, you have to have a credit card with you at all times, a good internet connection, and a job where you can keep checking the web!

That is ridiculous! You'd think they'd at least send you email alerts based on the performer notifications you sign up for. They do it when the tickets go on sale. Why not do it when extra tickets go on sale? :tsk:

Zootlesque said:
I just got Pearl Jam tickets today and even though I was there right when the "online sale to general public" started, I couldn't get anything lower than a 200 level seat. Then I heard that fan club pre-sale pretty much reserved the whole floor. So I guess there is no way to get GA without being a fan club member? The problem is I have no interest in throwing away $45 to U2.com and recieve a live cd of a concert that I already have the dvd for! Is that what you guys do to get into GA?

ahhh youre going!! lucky

have fun!

I got GAs through Ticketmaster for two shows. I'm still not sure how I managed that. The one time I had to turn to ebay, I only paid about $20 over face value because there's some kind of law that tickets resold in NY state can only be for a certain percentage over face value. The scalpers sure seem to find a way around this, though.

To answer the question; eBay just like other people have said here before:| :huh:

Next tour, I will for sure get GA's.

Zootlesque said:
How the heck did you get a GA ticket at face value on ebay??? :shocked: We're still talking about U2, right? :wink:

Yep. I'm pretty sure it was because it was a single ticket - most of the high prices I saw on eBay were two or more seats/tickets for sale.

I think I just lucked into perfect timing. I'm sure had I not bought it, it would have been snatched up pretty damned quickly.

I've never bought U2 tickets off ebay, I got lucky last tour I dont even remember how but I got GA's for both shows I saw. I suppose if I were desperate maybe but I'd much rather spend a decent price on seats than a million for GA's. :crack:

^ that's what I was thinking this morning.
Or actually a concert promoter/industry type thing.

Damn, I wish I had thought of that 20+ years ago :|

I got my UK ( Manchester GA's ) through buying them online. Ticketmaster had crashed ( nothing new there then :rolleyes: ) so i tried another site and got tickets for the 1st manchester show. My friend got our 2nd Manchester date GA's from ticketmaster. She must have got lucky.

For when i saw shows in USA and Canada my friend and I got our tickets from ETS. Hopefully we will manage to get some ourselves next tour as long as we know what shows we are going to. :)

Get a group of people together and buy GAs for any shows on pre sale days then trade. Last tour I got several bargain price tickets on eBay including GA at afce. You just have to be resourceful and put your feelers out along with a lot of positive thinking and you'll get what you want, even if it's GA.

Also, remember that a "true" U2 fan will not sell tickets for profit, they will trade or sell for face.

Back
Top Bottom