What's the most surefire way of getting GA on the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wound up getting about 10 GAs for the last tour through various means, all face value, none having to go through EBay. (I gave six of those tickets away.)

If you're creative, you can find a way.

The website will undoubtedly have a pre-sale again. I'm curious if they'll do another pre-pre-sale for old-school Propaganda members.

Does it make it easier if you actually line up first at a box office? For Vertigo I went online the second they went on sale and still only managed D reserve seats. (The night before the concert we somehow got lucky with some friend of a friend who was selling last minute A grade box seats for half price, AND we managed to sell all 6 of our D reserve seats hours before the concert. But I don't count on getting that lucky next time round!)

nathan1977 said:
I wound up getting about 10 GAs for the last tour through various means, all face value, none having to go through EBay. (I gave six of those tickets away.)

If you're creative, you can find a way.

The website will undoubtedly have a pre-sale again. I'm curious if they'll do another pre-pre-sale for old-school Propaganda members.

:yes: to all, especially to the being creative statement :up:

I did GA 8 times on Vertigo and only one of those tickets (I was buying for 2, so 16 GA tickets) was one I got on TicketMaster. Most of the others I got at face value from friends and people here. Just let people know where you are planning to go. Get a big group of fans together all over and agree to just BUY whatever GA you can pull up for whatever shows. Buy the max amount you can and use the extra to trade or sell at face value so you can trade or buy what you need. That is what I did. For two shows I paid a scalper (Gold Coast in Chicago) b/c I needed to plan in advance and couldn't wait around to scrounge up tickets. For everything else I got tickets mainly here, on Interference, from fellow members or the ticket forum that opened up during the tour.

Some people have been able to get face or under face on eBay b/c of spelling mistakes. It's a long shot, but search the concert with the wrong date or a common misspelling.

Liesje said:
Some people have been able to get face or under face on eBay b/c of spelling mistakes. It's a long shot, but search the concert with the wrong date or a common misspelling.

some people have spelt U2 wrong, wow! :ohmy:

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have GA for the next tour. The whole idea of pricing the tickets that get you nearest to the band itself as the cheapest seems out of line with the recent Live Nation tie-up. I'd hate for it to happen, but I can see their future shows being seated near the stage with those tickets being the highest priced ones. Add in an auction system and you can bet those near the stage seats will sell for a bomb.

It wouldn't shock me, either, but there will be such a huge backlash in their fan base if it does. It's really in the spirit of U2 to have some of the most affordable tickets so close to the stage. They're going to keep selling out shows no matter what they do--with U2 there's always more demand than supply--but I'd like to see them continue to make it possible for a wide range of fans to have the opportunity to see them, and to see them up close instead of from up in the rafters.

This deal with Live Nation has got me really scared. BEST case scenario is that we get prices comparable with The Police's tour. 50 for the shitty seats, 90-100 for the majority, and 250ish for the best seats. Everybody's ticket prices are out of sight this year. Never thought I'd see Dave Matthews and Tom Petty charge $80 for tickets. Ticket sales are down because of the economy, so the LiveNation's out there are trying to milk as much money as they can from the people who will go see a concert no matter what it cost.

The Springsteen concert I went to recently had many sections of the arena curtained off so that we couldn't see the empty seats, but we still saw plenty. The average person can't afford $100 tickets when fuel costs what it does and the economy is what it is.

Tickets for U2's tour next year will be out of sight as well. I definitely believe the average ticket will be around $120 or so. They won't be happy unless it makes even more money that the Vertigo tour. Depending on the prices, I might have to just go to one or two shows.

I'm going to see a lot of concerts this year and already paid a ridiculous amount of money for these tickets. But it's ok for me, since every concert is a unique experience. I go to the opera and classic concerts a lot and these are REALLY expensive, still so many people can afford it and are willing to pay these prices that they are almost always sold out and it's really difficult to get tickets. If I really want to go and see an event, I'm ready to pay a certain amount of money. Production is getting more and more expensive, a lot of people are involved and have to get paid, record companies are making less and less money with cd sales and the economy is down, so no surprises here.

If I'm ready to pay so and so much for a Springsteen show, I'm more than ready to pay it for U2 as well. I've talked to some people who are casual fans and were at U2 shows and none of them were complaining about the prices for U2 tickets in particular, because they saw it in relation to other artists' and bands' concert tickets that were in the same category.

But then again, I don't think I'll go and see dozens of U2 shows because I want to keep it special.

There are often tons of people selling tix at the stadiums. But it's mostly the same as buying on ebay! but last year I was really lucky and got a ticket for a sold out concert and it was a fair price. But I'll never ever do that again...it's just too much risk imo.

Originally posted by last unicorn I've talked to some people who are casual fans and were at U2 shows and none of them were complaining about the prices for U2 tickets in particular, because they saw it in relation to other artists' and bands' concert tickets that were in the same category.
[/B]
You are right. But therein lies the rub of the green with the Live Nation deal. We can take it as a given that future U2 tours won't be priced below their peers. And with that GA pretty much has to go away.

Back
Top Bottom