What's the most obscure U2 song you heard on the radio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well let's see...I heard "Do you feel loved" played in an abercrombie store.

But as for the radio....I turned on to the classic rock station, and I heard "Like a song". I thought "NO WAY!" After that song finished, it went into "Drowning man", then "The Refugee". They were playing the whole album.

Oftentimes, I hear the live version of ISHFWILF with the choir in the background. This isn't uncommon. I hate that version, though. Ugh.

They are playing U2 a LOT today on the local rock station, Q104. Today as the "Song of the Day" (when they play it, the first caller wins a prize) they are playing...get this...

"Two Hearts Beat As One"

!!!

:hyper:

On 2fm, in Ireland, they mainly play "Beautiful Day" or "WOWY".

I don't think I've heard any other really obscure songs though (other then "Discotheque" recently - which is fairly well known), except for an album launch day or, two years ago, when they played the two Slane gigs.

Great hearing them in the car on the way up to get you in the mood!

Today a guy called in to one of these radio stations and asked for Irish folk music (being st. patrick's day and all).....They started playing "Two Hearts Beat as One".......to me, that may be Irish folk playing amazing music but it's definitely not Irish Folk Music.....
:)

The performance of One off of the Pavarotti and Friends concert/cd.

I think it's funny how many songs that were released as radio singles are being considered "obscure" in this thread.

Last edited:
U2luv said:
Gotta love Boston rock stations. Especially the ones that have DJ's that are huge fans of U2.
Yes thanks to the influence of Carter Alan and a few others, there are not many U2 songs which I haven't heard at some point on radio.
"Spanish Eyes" even became a staple on the radio here for a period in 1987, which probably helped influence the band's decision to play it that year at the Boston Garden.

always
drowning man
summer rain
live is blindness (live version)
dancing barefoot
hallelujah here she comes

oh wait, you meant commercial stations. and you meant songs that a dj played, not songs i played on my show at the campus radio staion :p ;) uh....red hill mining town...i heard that once...

Last edited:
bayernfc said:
Today a guy called in to one of these radio stations and asked for Irish folk music (being st. patrick's day and all).....They started playing "Two Hearts Beat as One".......to me, that may be Irish folk playing amazing music but it's definitely not Irish Folk Music.....
:)

:lmao::lmao: That's great.......perhaps when they're all in their seventies they can be a little irish folk touring band. That would be amusing. Could you imagine Edge playing a little banjo? Or Adam playing those (don't shoot me b/c i dont' know the exact name) neat little irish flutes (like the one andrea corr plays).

Probably the most random song i'll hear on the radio is Walk On, actually. It was never really a single here. Its a pretty good station, they always play the whole song, which is nice, even of SIAM. They play acoustic SIAM (i :heart: edge's ending in that one).

I also remember the DJ telling everyone to pull out their electric glockenspiels before IWF came on :p . I found that highly amusing.

Only bad part. Nothing off POP. :sad: Ever ever ever. :( And considering thats my favorite album its even sadder. I think i should call in a request someday.

I don't really live in area with rock stations that play U2.....here's everything that I've ever heard on the radio:

I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Pride
Bad
With or Without You
Where the Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Bullet the Blue Sky
Angel of Harlem
Desire
Until the End of the World
One
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Mysterious Ways
Even Better Than the Real Thing
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Discotheque
Staring at the Sun
Last Night on Earth
The Sweetest Thing (Single Mix)
Beautiful Day
Walk On
Stuck....
Elevation

Depressing, eh?

I heard One Tree Hill yesterday, but again it was that pro-U2 loving station I told you about. The day before I heard the new SATS, and they said Best of was their CD of the week and they'd be playing a lot from it.

Here is another thing, which albums are most used? Of course it's JT and AB. Least frequently played are Boy, October, Zooropa and Pop, which are all but ignored by most radio stations today, at least the ones I hear. SATS and Stay were just played on a station but they were from Best of and it was CD of the week. Other than that I have never heard a Pop song on the radio since it was new, and one Zooropa song (Stay) a couple of times since it was new. I have honestly never heard a Boy or October song on the radio in my life. I became a big fan with the War album but when it came out I never even knew Boy and October existed. What about your area?

U2Kitten said:
Here is another thing, which albums are most used? Of course it's JT and AB. Least frequently played are Boy, October, Zooropa and Pop, which are all but ignored by most radio stations today, at least the ones I hear. SATS and Stay were just played on a station but they were from Best of and it was CD of the week. Other than that I have never heard a Pop song on the radio since it was new, and one Zooropa song (Stay) a couple of times since it was new. I have honestly never heard a Boy or October song on the radio in my life. I became a big fan with the War album but when it came out I never even knew Boy and October existed. What about your area?

The albums that I hear songs from on the radio in my area are:

Boy, War, JT, R&H, Pop, and ATYCLB.

Angela

tomorrow i'll be able to say that i heard "boy/girl" on the radio.

:evil:

i heard angel of harlem once on the radio and thought it was this rare occurance. as far as regular radio goes it's mostly JT and ATYCLB stuff. i'm not sure how often "one" was played when AB came out, but i never hear it on the radio. i've heard mysterious ways a lot, but not recently.

Albums- Joshua Tree, ATYCLB, War, Achtung Baby.

Local DJ's: What? U2 made other albums? There are songs out there besides Beautiful Day and Steets?? Wow!

Schmeg: *wants to go live near IWasBored to hear cool stuff on the radio*

Yesterday the lady DJ on my pro-U2 station was bragging on the b-sides and trying to encourage everyone to buy the Best Of with both CDs.

Opie & Anthony used to play MoFo from time to time as a lead into their afternoon talk show... I heard Two Hearts Beat As One on 92.7 LIR one time... the most obscure U2 songs I've heard on one of the "major" radio stations here in NY? I've heard Even Better Than The Real Thing and Until The End of the World a few times on K-Rock, and once I heard One on Z-100... which doesn't seem to obscure, but seeing as Z-100 baisicly never plays a song that isn't in the TRL top 10, that was pretty damn obscure to me.

U2Kitten said:
Yesterday the lady DJ on my pro-U2 station was bragging on the b-sides and trying to encourage everyone to buy the Best Of with both CDs.

that's the only reason to buy a best of :yes: the singles are on the albums, and with a band like u2 everyone should already own the albums :D

Night and Day, Summer Rain, Love Is Blindness, and Drowning Man

i was having breakfast with a friend at a locally owned restaurant and i heard With Or Without You on the radio.
here's the catch: it was With Or Without You live from Mexico City (Popmart)!!!!!!!!!

:yes:

Back
Top Bottom