What's the most listened to bootleg in your collection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salty72

The Fly
I'd have to say Zoo TV DC 8/16/92. Don't know why. I just love this recording. A few others that get frequent play are: Toronto 9/14/05, Dortmund 11/21/84, and the Twickenham 6/18/05 broadcast. Might have to add the London 6/12/87 in there pretty soon.:wink:

I like the 8/16/92 DC recording...and I like the 9/14/05 Toronto show too. That Toronto show was not the best of the four TO shows but it seems to be the only complete bootleg out there and it's a pretty damn good recording.

I've been listening to the Mountains and Deserts bootleg recorded on 11/07/87 in Denver. The set list is fantastic imo with both Silver & Gold and Spanish Eyes.

Boston 5/6/83 is another one I listen to all the time...it's a great soundboard recording. :yes:

Good question, don't think I can name just one. :)

Mountains and Deserts as well as Twickenham 6/18/05 broadcast are definitely among the most listened to for me, as well as Popmart Sarajevo, 1989-21-31 Lovetown, and Beautiful Night In Cleveland (2001-05-03) lately, for some reason.

katiebu21 said:
I like the 8/16/92 DC recording...and I like the 9/14/05 Toronto show too. That Toronto show was not the best of the four TO shows but it seems to be the only complete bootleg out there and it's a pretty damn good recording.

I've been listening to the Mountains and Deserts bootleg recorded on 11/07/87 in Denver. The set list is fantastic imo with both Silver & Gold and Spanish Eyes.

Boston 5/6/83 is another one I listen to all the time...it's a great soundboard recording. :yes:

Yes, yes! That 11/7/87 Denver is another frequently one played in my sterero. Can't go wrong when U2 play Silver and Gold AND Spanish Eyes the same night! :rockon:

Mountains and Deserts 11/7/87 remastered and Zoo Europa 8/28/93 are probably equal on my most played boots. Newly added 6/12/87 Wembley is getting lots of attention. 12/31/89 New Year's Concert is in my top 3 no doubt. Of the Vertigo tour, Phoenix 2 (ChrisEdge!), Chicago 4 (Just a Girl!), the Twickenham and Buenos Aires broadcasts seem to be the 4 I return to the most.

Great Thread Topic :up:

I can't pick just one:

1>. ZOOTV - 8/16/92 Wash. DC - Ultraviolet was played excellently that night

2>. 12/26/89 - Lovetown Tour - One Tree Hill and Van Dieman's are you Fu:censored: ing kidding me?

3>. 10/23/84 - Nantes, France Unforgettable Fire Tour - Wish I could get a better Quality bootleg from this tour.

4>. 9/27/87 - Joshua Tree Tour - Foxboro, Mass. The one and only time I was present for One Tree Hill being played

5>. 6/27/83 - War Tour - New Haven, CT - My first U2 concert - Sound Quality stinks but this was a must have for me

At the moment I'm going back and forth between Zoo TV Dublin '93 and the Hammersmith Palais gig in London Dec. 1982 with Fire and A Celebration.

I'll have to dig out the August 1992 DC show and put it back in -- the last, and probably my favorite, Zoo TV show that I went to.

u2granny said:
Rotterdam, 1/10/89. I've made a couple back-up copies for when it wears out.

Actually, that was 1990-01-10, not 1989-01-10. That's such an amazing show. Definitely another one of my favourite bootlegs.

Axver said:

Actually, that was 1990-01-10, not 1989-01-10. That's such an amazing show. Definitely another one of my favourite bootlegs.

I'll just blame the muscle relaxers for that one.:drool:

YBORCITYOBL said:

3>. 10/23/84 - Nantes, France Unforgettable Fire Tour - Wish I could get a better Quality bootleg from this tour.

Do you have the updated version? Its not bad, only MLK and a small part of Homecoming have a few pops, otherwise its a clean board recording. Also the Chicago March 21, 1985, Bologna Feb. 28, 1985 and Houston 85 audience recordings are all top notch for audience recordings.

On the thread topic, probably the boot that everyone would know that I listen to the most would be Santiago 97 or Sao Paolo 97. I think they are two of the best Popmart shows period and Popmart is one of my favorite tours (great memories for me).

Listen to a bunch of other stuff also, mainly Vertigo stuff lately.

the lovetown shows :drool: and I have this thing for the reaaally early U2 shows. can't name one in specific, but I love hearing U2 perform live at such a young age

This is off the thread topic. Blueroom, I noticed you've got a quote from The Edge about vocal sound from Philly 5/22/05. Did he say that on stage that night? Just curious.

salty72 said:
This is off the thread topic. Blueroom, I noticed you've got a quote from The Edge about vocal sound from Philly 5/22/05. Did he say that on stage that night? Just curious.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its from a soundcheck.

Back on topic, my favorite are Lovetown 1st leg shows.

This one's stumped me.

I guess over the years I've listened to M-Ways from Zoo TV Houston the most

But popmart Barcelona, zoo tv RDS & dancing zoo tv have got to be up there

Blue Room said:

Do you have the updated version? Its not bad, only MLK and a small part of Homecoming have a few pops, otherwise its a clean board recording. Also the Chicago March 21, 1985, Bologna Feb. 28, 1985 and Houston 85 audience recordings are all top notch for audience recordings.

On the thread topic, probably the boot that everyone would know that I listen to the most would be Santiago 97 or Sao Paolo 97. I think they are two of the best Popmart shows period and Popmart is one of my favorite tours (great memories for me).

Listen to a bunch of other stuff also, mainly Vertigo stuff lately.

Blue - I guess I don't have the updated version, I've had this version in my posession for quite a few years (maybe more than I'd like to admit).... :sad: Of the three shows that you mention - Chicago, Bologna or Houston. Which one of these in your opinion is the best of the lot? I really loved the Unforgettable Fire Tour but had too just kinda suffer with this older recording of the Nantes show.

YBORCITYOBL said:

Blue - I guess I don't have the updated version, I've had this version in my posession for quite a few years (maybe more than I'd like to admit).... :sad: Of the three shows that you mention - Chicago, Bologna or Houston. Which one of these in your opinion is the best of the lot? I really loved the Unforgettable Fire Tour but had too just kinda suffer with this older recording of the Nantes show.

:hmm: I would go with Chicago or Bologna. Bologna the crowd goes nuts and they sing most of the songs with the band. I think the Chicago show has a tad more of a full sound to it (but not much more). Either way you cant go wrong. I would just get both! :laugh:

For me, it's either ZooTV Dublin or Vertigo Tour 10/08/2005 (mainly cause it was the first U2 concert I've ever been to.)

Back
Top Bottom