what's the most irish u2 song (or side project)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In a Lifetime, Bono and Clannad

so celtic, and sounds distinctly irish

I also say Tomorrow

I would say "Tomorrow", because it has the Irish pipes in them.

And the duet Bono did with Clannad, "In A Lifetime", is also very Irish. Maybe because Clannad has a traditional Irish sound or maybe because the video is set in the Irish countryside.

Last edited:
I think the pipes in "tomorrow" are called Uillean (sp?) pipes.

and Jesus Christ is a Woodie Guthrie song, who was American, OKie at that.

My vote is for the newer rendition of Tomorrow and In the Name of the Father.

U2DMfan said:
and Jesus Christ is a Woodie Guthrie song, who was American, OKie at that.

My vote is for the newer rendition of Tomorrow and In the Name of the Father.

Listen to the beat. It's like tons of Pogues songs. If JC isn't Irish inspired, The Pogues aren't Irish inspired.

Last edited:
well sure it's Irish inspired, just about anything they do is Irish inpsired, I just think that as far as Irish flavor, I wouldnt pick that one song.

And at that point, when I typed that out, I realize that I am making a very semantical arguement, and also I realize that I like beer. So I don't totally disagree, but I do like beer.

Tomorrow, definitely. I'm curious about the Clannad song now since I do like some Enya.

Mr. Brau, back to the baby huh? Feel like you're being born... just arrived? :wink:

"Tomorrow" by far and of course "In A Lifetime" also yes there are Uillean pipes in it, which of course own bag pipes on the premise that their Irish:wink:

I agree with everyone who said Tomorrow and In a Lifetime. I would also add Thief of Your Heart, from the In the Name of the Father soundtrack.

Thanks for the Lifetime video, miss Becky.. or can I just call you Becky? :wink:

And I suppose you're talking about 'you made me the theif of your heart'. Wasn't that by Sinead? :scratch:

Zootlesque said:
Thanks for the Lifetime video, miss Becky.. or can I just call you Becky? :wink:

And I suppose you're talking about 'you made me the theif of your heart'. Wasn't that by Sinead? :scratch:

Becky is fine. :) Sinead O'Connor sang the song, but Bono and Gavin Friday wrote it.

Back
Top Bottom