What's the deal with the Lovetown video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dustybot

The Fly
The Lovetown concert that was shown during that DirecTV U2 month is still baffling me. In between some great performances (and during) there are all these off-the-wall interviews with strange looking people, and that freakish lady hitting on all the band members. The stuff spliced in during the songs really annoys me. The guy going "all these important people doing all these important things" during All Along the Watchtower. What the hell was that!?! Then people discussing having sex with motorcycles during All I Want Is You.......am I missing something?

Anybody else feel this way?

I watched it this past weekend.

I loved it! I agree, there's some weird stuff in there. Maybe it was my mood, but all that stuff just made me laugh! I have no idea why those people were in the video but it was funny anyway. I wonder if they know they're preserved on film somewhere...

That chick from the All I want is You video really liked the band, didn't she?

I think the All I Want Is You thing got to me the most, because it was a really great performance, and then when Bono breaks out into the final screams and Edge goes off on the solo, they cut to the people talking about sex with motorcylces, with the song in the background......that really rubbed me the wrong way.

And while I think the performances on here are great, I can see how people could see them as being pretentious from watching this. This is ten times more pretentious than Zoo TV, and that was the whole point of Zoo TV!

I still like it, but it's just weird, like they were on crack when they edited it...

I just got a bang outta hearing and seeing Hawkmoon 269 LIVE for the first time! woohoo!

Originally posted by Dustybot:
I would really recommend you download a high quality Lovetown bootleg and look at some Rattle and Hum era pictures if you need something visual. The Lovetown video is short and strange, as you can probably gather from this topic.....but hey, if you gotta see it, I think I've seen people on Ebay selling it.

Thanks Dustybot!

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
Alright, quit talking about things I can't see.

I agree. No fair
wink.gif

I think I have seen a bit of the live recordings from this video on a U2 special that was shown on Aussie TV around the time of the Zooropa tour, but I havnt seen any of the wierd stuff you are all talking about, I wouldnt mind knowing or seeing a bit more of it as I thik that some of it was filmed in Australia- is this true and the version of Hawkmoon is amazing, in my opinion it is the best re-working of a U2 song, it is so much better than the original and the ethereal guitar in it of Edge's is wicked
smile.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I just got a bang outta hearing and seeing Hawkmoon 269 LIVE for the first time! woohoo!

I think Edge's guitar solo in Hawkmoon 269 might be the most epic sound U2 has ever made.

Yes, it is edited badly, but I think I just take it in context as kind of a throwaway thing they did. Which is not really like U2, I think they are pretty much perfectionists.

I didn't really think of the thing as egotistical I'll have to go watch it again. I was eating french onion dip and drinking a martini ( i know quite a contrast there ) so maybe I wasn't concentrating...

U2 were really scary during this period.
Edge dressed like a quaker and Bono dressed like an evil preacher and sometimes a mafia hitman.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Hehe, I kept thinking Edge was auditioning for Lynard Skynard in that video, with the flannel shirt, straw hat, and southern rock style guitar. And Bono looked a little scary in that sort of priest getup......

This might have been U2 at their lowest. Still, better than most.

Is there anywhere I can see this video????

I am a lowly cable subscriber and missed the whole "December is U2 month on DirectTV"
mad.gif

------------------
Work like you don't need to
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one is watching

Originally posted by u2loopy:
Is there anywhere I can see this video????

I am a lowly cable subscriber and missed the whole "December is U2 month on DirectTV"
mad.gif

I would really recommend you download a high quality Lovetown bootleg and look at some Rattle and Hum era pictures if you need something visual. The Lovetown video is short and strange, as you can probably gather from this topic.....but hey, if you gotta see it, I think I've seen people on Ebay selling it.

Back
Top Bottom