What's the best version of bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have to agree with a few others here - the Rattle & Hum version was pretty awesome, but the ones that REALLY hit it right one the nail for me are the Elevation Boston and Elevation Slane versions - Slane edging it because he sang it to the heavens that night for Bob - you could just tell, and that moved me then, and it never fails to move me now.

Really moving stuff.

PS: If anyone happens to have the version of BAD from East Rutherford, April 15th 1985. ('A chilling, riveting 16-minute version. Incredible.' according to djerdap!) then I gotta have it - PURLEEEEZE! Please message me or send a yousendit link to cirtap2000@yahoo.com - I'd really appreciate it.

PPS: Best thread. EVER. :wink:

A bit of light entertainment for you. Here's the version of Bad from Milton Keynes in 1985 where the rain caused the sequencer to break down. To make the file a manageable size, I've cut out some of the long silences and Bono talking to the audience. I've also taken out the version of 'Rain' that they do while they're waiting for things to be repaired (apologies to the purists).

http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=784EB763248AAF9914A60DD1B88FE276

Neil

Get the Europa Bootleg. I think it's '93. The "Bad" version is off the charts.

Another vote for the Jan 10, 1990 Rotterdam show. Incredible power, giving it his all for the last lovetown performance. Honestly, anybody who hasn't heard this should find it.

I haven't heard some of the other performances listed here, but will definitely be searching tonight.

Roland of Gilead said:
The one off my Rattle and Hum Excerpts promo cd! :yes:

That would be 11-8-87 Denver. Its a good version quality wise but I dont think its the best version of the song.

I would say Live Aid. Its the longest version of it, its the one EVERYONE knows, and I like the Walk On The Wildside snippet as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom