whats "In Your Blue Room" about?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wouldn't this go in the It's A Musical Journey forum? :confused:

I really have no idea though. I'd like to know also! :D

cleazer said:
Is that the song Edge did with Martin Gore?

:ohmy: the edge did a song with martin gore??????????? :ohmy: do you have any idea what the name of the song is? cause i don't think "your blue room" is it

Bono wrote the lyrics.

Here's what I said a number of months ago, in response to this same question. (This is a cut and paste from It's A Musical Journey, the more appropriate forum):

"Here's a quote from Into the Heart:

Bono conceived of it as a kind of erotic hymn. He'd always wanted to make a blue record, an atmospheric record. Going into the Passengers' project, he was thinking after-midnight. He was thinking music you can have sex to. Your Blue Room invites the listener into that erogenous zone.
"I suppose the blue room is an image that people can understand", he [Bono] says. "But the song is based on the idea that sex is a conversation of a different kind. On one level it's purely carnal, but on another it's a prayer."
'That's my favourite song on the record," Bono says unequivocally....It's an incredible thing to say to your lover or your maker, the line, 'Your instructions, whatever the direction'."

I love the way this song, like many of their best, melds the spiritual and the sexual. And I really adore Passengers."

GarfieldTheCat said:
whats "In Your Blue Room" about?
cleazer said:
Is that the song Edge did with Martin Gore?
GarfieldTheCat said:
it was the song they did with Brian Eno.
zooperson said:
:ohmy: the edge did a song with martin gore??????????? :ohmy: do you have any idea what the name of the song is? cause i don't think "your blue room" is it
Pay attention, people! :no:

Your Blue Room = U2Passengers
In Your Room = Depeche Mode
In Your Blue Room = Is that the song Edge did with Martin Gore?

cleazer said:
Pay attention, people! :no:

Your Blue Room = U2Passengers
In Your Room = Depeche Mode
In Your Blue Room = Is that the song Edge did with Martin Gore?

i guess i should have known that :reject: ha ha i wasn't paying attention. it's just that that would be a dream collaboration for me. ha ha ha that's just classic. i even emailed you....sorry.:lol: :reject:

for future refrence: don't ever tease me like that again :eyebrow:

love_u2_adam said:
dose any 1 know were 2 get the passengers cd or downloads:scratch:

Passengers O S:1 is available anywhere for purchase; it's not out of print. (Please stop writing that way.)

Back
Top Bottom