"What's going on" MP3!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sledgehammer

The Fly
Here it is:
http://u2abel.com/fr/infos/news/articles/?news=3519

I wouldn't say I LOVED it, it's not my style...but it sounds OK. It's for a good cause anyway. I'll buy it.

The whole idea of this song reminded me of the Solidays thing a lot. But, musically, "Qui Sait" was far better than "What's going on".

If you don't know what Solidays was, click here: http://www.yawanna.com/magazine/2/925/

------------------
"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." JFK

I do believe - vocally, the first minute of the song is the best. Bono, Gwen, and most of the female singers (Britney actually sounds good compared to Christina). But once Ja Rule and the rest of the rappers join in, it goes down the tubes and I think Marvin would be rolling in his grave. Marvin is a soul singer - and I think the song shouldn't rub into rap. But I do respect what Bono did. This really will raise alot of money in benefit of all the charities. Cheers Bono. But next time keep it to a smaller group. Bono, Michael Stipe, Darren Hayes, Gwen Stefani, and the other good vocalists.

oh yes, I also love the video where Bono and Stipe are the only "old" guys there. The only two with true experience. Cheers again.

~zoo~

------------------
" They had the Vision, but we had the Television " - The Edge

" The greatest lesson you'll ever learn - is to love, and be loved in return" - David Bowie

"Hey John Lennon ! We don't need your help." - Bono

Hey Zoocifer, do you know when Bono said this quote? I'm curious of the context. Thanks!

Originally posted by mug222:

Hey Zoocifer, do you know when Bono said this quote? I'm curious of the context. Thanks!

The rap at the end of Bullet the Blue Sky on the Elevation Tour...

I can feel the cold steel
I can feel the cold steel
I can make a wound that won't heal
I can make a wound that won't heal

(can't remember all of this part)
.... millimeters like the police
at the apartment with John and Yoko
Living love and peace
love and peace, sounds like an old tune
re-released

Pull the trigger, rock n' roll n*gger
Bigger than Jesus on the bumper sticker
Pull the trigger, rock n' roll n*gger
Bigger than Jesus on the bumper sticker

Hey John Lennon! We don't need your help!
America's making war with itself
Hey John Lennon! War is over, we don't need your help!
America's making war with itself.

676000 will go down, in the streets, of America, with a bullet
in the next 20 years
John Lennon, you're the first, freedom cursed

More body bags than Vietnam
What's my name? Mark Chapman
Who's that man? Mark Chapman

It's really creepy

------------------
The King has spoken!

PLEBA- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
smile.gif

Tpyos skcu

[This message has been edited by UnforgettableLemon (edited 09-22-2001).]

I literally giggled like a moron upon hearing Bono saying "mother mother" Lol I get so giddy about things like that
smile.gif

P.S. Nelly Furtado's voice makes my brain itch.
frown.gif

P.P.S. I didn't like the rap thing either.

P.P.P.S. I also giggled when I saw Fred Durst but not bc I'm infatuated with him. It was just weird that he was part of that...I don't know.

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

I haven't seen the entire video, yet. I always seem to catch it as soon as Fred Durst starts wailing his arms about in a mad rap-fashion. Oh, well. I hope VH1 plays it tonight...they've usually got goodstuff on.

*Slaps forehead*

Thanks UnforgettableLemon; after four shows of the Elevation Tour one would think I'd remember that line!
Well, I guess I can be somewhat excused by the fact that I've never seen the "rap" transcribed (thanks for that!) and that it's already been 27 days since I last ssaw U2 live
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom